Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2009 Killarney Darts Festival

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

pad180 wrote: »
    not been smart here but i think your lucky living were you are , there is a gang of us that have travelled down from dublin the last two years , we pay 209 euro each for the room, 65 euro for the train, 15 euro for a bus into heuston , then your 50 or a 100 euro into your competition. so add that up and it cost alot more than your 70 euro or 130 . i know that money is tight at the moment but if i was living were you are id be happy to pay what your paying for a great weekend of darts which is on your door steep.

Good for you, must be nice to have plenty of spare cash

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭pad180

Good for you, must be nice to have plenty of spare cash

not thats its any of your buisness , but we run a savings club from year to year have done since the irish masters was held down in rosslare so its not as bad when it comes around , so why dont you start saving for next year and you might have 130 euro when it comes around again :rolleyes:

pad180 wrote: »
    not thats its any of your buisness , but we run a savings club from year to year have done since the irish masters was held down in rosslare so its not as bad when it comes around , so why dont you start saving for next year and you might have 130 euro when it comes around again :rolleyes:

Hard to save when you're on the dole :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hard to save when you're on the dole :rolleyes::rolleyes:

well i suposse thats a differnt story then , ill leave it there ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

Exactly what I will be doing, as although I love playing I have absoulutely no interest in watching Taylor etc.

I dont understant how somedody who loves playing darts has no interest in watching the best player the world has ever seen playing in a live competitive athmosphere. I dont play darts anyway seriously, just like a sociable game, and just because i'm a sports fanatic, I wouldnt miss seeing a sporting legend like this.

Connie

connie147 wrote: »
    I dont understant how somedody who loves playing darts has no interest in watching the best player the world has ever seen playing in a live competitive athmosphere. I dont play darts anyway seriously, just like a sociable game, and just because i'm a sports fanatic, I wouldnt miss seeing a sporting legend like this.

Connie

Well that's just me, I have never enjoyed watching darts. I actually find it a bit boring to watch. I like football but have no interest in watching any games except those involving my team, Millwall. Each to there own I suppose ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

Well that's just me, I have never enjoyed watching darts. I actually find it a bit boring to watch. I like football but have no interest in watching any games except those involving my team, Millwall. Each to there own I suppose ;)

Fair enough if you dont want to watch it. But you cant go around saying that Killarney people are being ripped off by the hotel because they are charging €10 for a full day to go in and watch the event, because thats great value to people who have an interest.

If the world wrestling champions were doing an exhibition in the hotel, then I wouldnt have any interest in going to see it, but I wouldnt be on here slating how the hotel were ripping people off by charging €10 to go in to watch it.

Anyway, I hope you get to play and crush all in front of you!!:)

Connie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Just booked a room in Killarney for this weekend good deals to be found if you go onto booking.com (3 nights for two for under €100 each).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Dartgod

Some more professionals have entered for Killarney :-

Andy Hamilton
    Michael van Gerwen
    Vincent van der Voort
    Kevin Painter
    Alex Roy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭501darts

Dartgod wrote: »
    My ! My ! My ! There's always one !
    Of course you can get cheap accommodation in Killarney but if you want to mingle with the top players and get free admission into the darts tournaments in the INEC on Saturday and Sunday then the Gleneagle Hotel is the place to book.
    Free admission to the tournaments also applies to those staying in the Gleneagle sister hotels, Brehon, Scott's etc.

We stayed in the Valley Suites the last 2 years.
    Its €350 for 4 people for 3 nights, breakfast and shuttlebus included.
    If there aint enough people stayin to warrant a shuttlebus they provide a taxi service.
    You cant argue with that for value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

€350 each for the 4 people?

The rate in the Valley Suites is 3 Nights in a 2-Bedroom Suite {Sleeps 4} for € 350 Total Price including Breakfast and Shuttle Bus.

GREAT DEAL !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

The rate in the Valley Suites is 3 Nights in a 2-Bedroom Suite {Sleeps 4} for € 350 Total Price including Breakfast and Shuttle Bus.

GREAT DEAL !
    Hard to beat that, wish a couple of Players Champs venues were as good !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭501darts

1 Double Bed, 2 Single beds and a couch....bring the family at €350.....cheaper than a weekend in westmeath

Entries are rolling in for all competitions in Killarney - - 220 in already for the Gleneagle Irish Masters on the Saturday.

AND THE PHONE IS HOPPING ! ! !

The good news is that the closing date has been extended to Thursday, October 8th. - - - so, there is still plenty of time to get your entries in the post.

Entry forms may be downloaded from www.dartsinireland.com.

• Advertisement

Entries are rolling in for all competitions in Killarney - - 220 in already for the Gleneagle Irish Masters on the Saturday.

AND THE PHONE IS HOPPING ! ! !

The good news is that the closing date has been extended to Thursday, October 8th. - - - so, there is still plenty of time to get your entries in the post.

Entry forms may be downloaded from www.dartsinireland.com.
    Good stuff Popssmile.gif

This is the list of PDPA members entered to date for the Gleneagle Irish Masters - - -

Phil Taylor
    Colin Lloyd
    Andy Hamilton
    Michael van Gerwen
    Vincent van der Voort
    Kevin Painter
    Alex Roy
    Wayne Jones
    Steve Hine
    Mark Walsh
    Peter Wright
    Wes Newton
    Barrie Bates
    Sean Palfrey
    Brendon Dolan
    Geoff Wylie
    Terry Jenkins
    Colin Osborne
    Andy Smith
    Nick Fulwell
    Shane O'Connor

Van Gerwen's a marked man, im playing him in an exhibition tommorrow :D Will report back with his form

Van Gerwen's a marked man, im playing him in an exhibition tommorrow :D Will report back with his form
    My mate beat Van Gerwen 4-1 on the Saturday Tournament in Killarney the first year .... then he came back and won same tournament last year. Pretty unpredictable but is not having great time at the PDC.

My mate beat Van Gerwen 4-1 on the Saturday Tournament in Killarney the first year .... then he came back and won same tournament last year. Pretty unpredictable but is not having great time at the PDC.
    I was watching that match as I was on the board beside it and in fairness Van Gerwen was brutal, but it was a great result for your mate!!

• Advertisement

Carrickman wrote: »
    I was watching that match as I was on the board beside it and in fairness Van Gerwen was brutal, but it was a great result for your mate!!
    Yep, James will always be the man that beat the man ! Van Gerwen was poor though and showed a ''Barney like'' indifference to the game. Last year then he banged in 180 after 180 all day long...funny old game darts
    confused.gif

Entries for the Gleneagle Irish Masters now up to 245.

We should pick up a lot of entries from the PDPA players at the City West next weekend - - - only 21 of the pros have entered to date.

It's looking good for a record entry ! ! !

Make that 247 as there is 2 of us traveling from Donegal as well Michael, just waiting for my mate to give me his entry fee, I will have that off to you early next week!!

Carrickman wrote: »
    Make that 247 as there is 2 of us traveling from Donegal as well Michael, just waiting for my mate to give me his entry fee, I will have that off to you early next week!!

Entries for the Masters now up to 256.

And I will be waiting for the postman to arrive from Donegal !!!

Decisions Decisions, can't make my mind up :confused:

That should be an easy decision for you after your performance in Tramore ! ! !

The only guy to beat you on Sunday was the eventual winner !

Do it !wink.gif

Players travelling to the Killarney Festival are requested to note the following - -

Check-in and Starting Times for Competitions :-

Friday {Qualifiers} - - - Check-in between 5.00pm and 6.30pm - Starting at 7.00pm
    Saturday {Masters} - - - Check-in between 10.00am and 11.30am - Starting at 12noon
    Sunday {All Competitions} - - - Check-in between 10.00am and 11.30am - Starting at 12noon

PLEASE NOTE - - - STRICT DRESS CODE APPLIES TO ALL PLAYERS

i wont get an application in in-time so i think i may just leave it this year

plus at this stage i'd say it will be mad hard to get a B&B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭Degag

I'd say you'd have no problem mate.... from the area so i should know!

• Advertisement

just got an email saying that phil taylor will be doing an exhibition in the ballroom , gleneagle hotel ,fri the 16th oct .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭vindaloo1

I got an apartment last week for 250 ish for 2 nights, sleeps 6. So not
    imposssible. Quality Inn (used to be the Ryan).

aye but at this stage im in work, i wont get to print and put an application in the post till tomorrow at earliest so i think thats me all but past it.

maybe next year, i'll be a bit more organised and hopefully a better player

My entry form is filled in, just don't know whether to put it in the post or not :confused: I suppose I've got until Wednesday morning to decide :)

The closing date has been extended to Thursday, October 8th.

Stick your entries in the post tomorrow and they should arrive on time.

Rooms are still available in the Gleneagle Hotel ! ! !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

My application (Sunday only unfortunatley) is on its way as we speak. Just cant get the Saturday off work.

My entry form is filled in, just don't know whether to put it in the post or not :confused: I suppose I've got until Wednesday morning to decide :)

It's in the envelope now, getting closer to posting it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

Lads and Lassies , i have a Twin Room Available now as i cant make it to this Event :mad::mad:.
    Its €209 per person for three nights in the Gleneagle Hotel (where the darts is on)

There is €100 deposit paid on the room which i cant get back , therefore i have no choice but to get someone else in the room or lose my deposit.

PM me if anyone is interested please

Entries for the Gleneagle Irish Masters now up to 286.

Still waiting for Postman Pat to arrive from Donegal ! ! !

• Advertisement

Players travelling to the Killarney Festival are requested to note the following - -

Friday {Qualifiers} - - - Check-in between 5.00pm and 6.30pm - Starting at 7.00pm
    Saturday {Masters} - - - Check-in between 10.00am and 11.30am - Starting at 12noon
    Sunday {All Competitions} - - - Check-in between 10.00am and 11.30am - Starting at 12noon

Players competing in the John McEvoy Gold Dart Classic Pro Tour on Sunday are requested to note that the check-in time for that event is between 9.30am and 11.00am.
    11.00am is the official cut-off point.
    The competition will start at 12noon sharp.

Does dress code apply for Friday as well?

Dress code applies to all competitions - - - PDC rule.

Decided this year to skip Killarney, feel im not playing well enough and could do with keeping the money for hotels and entry in my pocket

Next year tho, i'll be there 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

will barney be playing this year

jamesbere wrote: »
    will barney be playing this year

Barney not entered.

Hopefully, we might twist his arm if he wins tonight !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Barney not entered.

Hopefully, we might twist his arm if he wins tonight !
    After 10 weeks out of action you'd think Barney would be keen to play every tournament to get back into a routine.

The Talk from Citywest is Barney has decided to get rid of Ed de Veer with effect at the end of the Grand Prix

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭wayne76

The Talk from Citywest is Barney has decided to get rid of Ed de Veer with effect at the end of the Grand Prix
    yep its true heard from a good source this is their last comp together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tcnjames

was in city west last night great craic a friend was talking to barneys wife and se said barney really wants this one to put ur house on him :D:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 The Posh

Working down in kerry the last 4 months, as a dart player from england the standard is very high in the county. Cant wait to see what the rest of ireland has to offer . watch this space for one or more of the kerry boys to make a big impact over the weekend. How they don't have a county team is beyond me?

• Advertisement
Advertisement