Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 Reasons to Get Fianna Fail Out of Power

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 dianababyddori

snubbleste wrote: »
    Only 10 reasons?

Cowen acts as the leader of a party not the country

yeah can be not get a leader like obama or the french president.

da state of our government.
    there useless

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Not sure if this is old news, but I noted with amusement this morning that leaflets being delivered to voters from Fianna Fail candidates here have no visible Fianna Fail branding. It's there on the inside when you open it up, but the outside (which is all most people would see before they tip such leaflets in the green bin), it's just the candidates themselves, with no indication that they're FF.

Maybe I'm reading too much into that, but I can't help but wonder if even FF-ers understand now that the 'brand' is poison.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

LookingFor wrote: »
    Not sure if this is old news, but I noted with amusement this morning that leaflets being delivered to voters from Fianna Fail candidates here have no visible Fianna Fail branding. It's there on the inside when you open it up, but the outside (which is all most people would see before they tip such leaflets in the green bin), it's just the candidates themselves, with no indication that they're FF.

Maybe I'm reading too much into that, but I can't help but wonder if even FF-ers understand now that the 'brand' is poison.

Yeah got one of those.
    Absolutely nothing on the outside to indicate the party.
    Well unless you know what the colour coding they are using :rolleyes:

Anyway in no time at all I expect to see New Fianna Fail. :mad:

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Yup, got one of those unbranded leaflets on Wed - a swoop and a star on the outside, and no sign of the Fianna Failure logo or the candidates until you open it.

Complete waste of 10 seconds because as LookingFor said, it THEN goes into the recycle bin.

It's a bit like a spammer's tactic....try to make you open it by devious methods because they know you wouldn't otherwise....

They seem to have overlooked the fact that once you open it and realise that they've conned you into opening it, you're even LESS likely to be interested and even more pissed off with them because they've used that tactic! :mad:

100% clueless! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Well typical FF. If they cant get you to vote on their supposed merits they will trick you into thinking their someone else. But who is to expect any better?

They could get a hammering though. My father, a FF voter long before I was born (his uncle was a FF TD asfaik), wont be voting for them this time. Considering the innate conservatism of my father, I consider that surprising.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

To liven up politics, we have had various falmily dynasties running the country for years. The people who run for the E.U seats in particular seem to be just a safe pair of hands who dont plan on doin much.

Be some craic to have soviet joe in the eu parliament, what would they make of him!:D

http://www.joehiggins.eu/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/joeeuroleafletnewcomposite1.pdf

Advertisement