Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airlink vs Ramber ticket pricing!

• 17-05-2009 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi, im coming to Dublin tomorrow and I thought id check out how much I need at the airport for travel. Now, a return Airlink ticket is €10, but as I am only over for the day on business (I leave at night) I noticed they do an all day "rambler" ticket that covers all bus journeys including Airlink for €6, that'd get me from the airport to the city, city to Donnybrook, then back to town for a wander, then back to the airport, for 6 euro! or I could get a €10 euro return and then pay extra to get around town!

Whats the story? Am I missing something with the ticket?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭MiniD

ogmac wrote: »
    Hi, im coming to Dublin tomorrow and I thought id check out how much I need at the airport for travel. Now, a return Airlink ticket is €10, but as I am only over for the day on business (I leave at night) I noticed they do an all day "rambler" ticket that covers all bus journeys including Airlink for €6, that'd get me from the airport to the city, city to Donnybrook, then back to town for a wander, then back to the airport, for 6 euro! or I could get a €10 euro return and then pay extra to get around town!

Whats the story? Am I missing something with the ticket?

No, you're missing nothing. The Rambler ticket is much better value. Also, if you're traveling to Donnybrook, it might suit you better to catch the 746 from the Airport (next stop to the Airlink. Not as frequent as the Airlink, but worth checking the timetable) - this will bring you right into Donnybrook. It's not express, but it will save you the hassle of changing buses. Otherwise grab a 747 to O'Connell Street and change to the 10 or 46A there for travel to Donnybrook.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/746/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ogmac

Thanks a lot, I had to blink a few times looking at it. Sure im not in Donnybrook until Mid-day so i'll be heading into o'connell street first.

Thanks

Advertisement