Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New X360 Firmware iX1.6 is out

Options
  • 17-05-2009 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

Just to let everyone know there is a new fw for dvd drives for X360.

Few new features:
    -Strict Wave 3 compliance,
    -One shot boot mode! - allows a one off boot of gamedisc without stealth/partition checks,
    -Integrated 0800 for game dumping including SS v2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

thanksfor the heads up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

OK so whats the deal with Wave 3. Do i have to flash to the new firmware to play the games? Or can the discs be patched? Reccommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

discs can be patched to play on older firmwares.

It is allways recomded to have newest firmware aivalable if you're playing on live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭blobert

Have 1.5, flashed by someone else a few months ago.

Must new version be flashed?

Am I alright sticking with the one I have, or is an update very important?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Hi, looking for some advice regarding this. Got my 360 modded a good while back. Just read that this firmware is required to play some of the newer game. Whats best way to go about installing the new firmware? And I have no idea what exactly was done to my 360 and have little knowledge in this area.

Thanks

• Advertisement

It is always recomended to have the newest firmware. There are many reasons for that:
    1. Safer to play on Live!
    2. Less hassle with modifing games to run on older version of firmware.

No one will say, 'you have to flash newest f/w or you gonna get ban', but you are on safer side.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Hi, looking for some advice regarding this. Got my 360 modded a good while back. Just read that this firmware is required to play some of the newer game. Whats best way to go about installing the new firmware? And I have no idea what exactly was done to my 360 and have little knowledge in this area.

Thanks

Having the 360 flashed already does not help what so ever in re-flashing it, its like starting from scratch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 paddy-cork

is anybody here able to update the Firmware to iX1.6? ive the older version too,,, the fella who flashed my 360 has moved.. cant play the new games

paddy-cork: have a look here. If you won't find anyone in your area, most lads can do it posted, like me in example :D

Advertisement