Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sunflowers are dying

Options
  • 17-05-2009 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

hello, my 3 kids planted 3 sunflower seeds last month and every thing was going great until they where about 1 foot tall in their pots(on the kitchen windowsill). they started to get little rusty spots on the leaves and the bigger leaves began to wilt. i took this as an indication that i had left it to long to plant out, so i planted them outside in a sunny area, facing south. but now they are getting worse and seem to be dying. the kids will go mad if they die. if they do die is it to late to plant more. all advice will be much appreciated. thanks

Comments

suey71 wrote: »
    hello, my 3 kids planted 3 sunflower seeds last month and every thing was going great until they where about 1 foot tall in their pots(on the kitchen windowsill). they started to get little rusty spots on the leaves and the bigger leaves began to wilt. i took this as an indication that i had left it to long to plant out, so i planted them outside in a sunny area, facing south. but now they are getting worse and seem to be dying. the kids will go mad if they die. if they do die is it to late to plant more. all advice will be much appreciated. thanks

Hi Suey, not sure where you are, but if you near Lucan, I have about 40 seedlings in an ice cream container right now, ready to plant out, you are more than welcome to drop over with the kids and take them:)
    Its not to late to plant out more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

lovely gesture jake1. thanks but came home last night and the wife had planted some with the kids. thanks alot for the thought though.

you are more than welcome. Tell the kids, not to let the seedlings on the window grow too tall, it weakens the stems, tell them to plant out when they are about 2 inches, not much taller.
    Works for me anyway Suey :)

Advertisement