Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photoshop books?

Options
  • 17-05-2009 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to change from designing my sites with Fireworks to using Photoshop instead. Does anyone know any excellent books that focus on using photoshop for web design rather than photography?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

books bah! psdtuts.com will sort you out

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

books bah! psdtuts.com will sort you out
    Yeah, i think i'll have to stick with the online tutorials. There doesn't seem to be any decent book available anyway.

I was hoping for something that would be a little more theoretical rather than the linear tutorials that are out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

What's wrong with Fireworks? Plenty of people swear by it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

After a day of slowly trying to create a mock up with photoshop I just ended resorting back to fireworks.

Think I'll just stick with it at this stage.

p, i was just a little worried that I'm missing out on some of the extended capabilities of photoshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

S.M.B. wrote: »
    p, i was just a little worried that I'm missing out on some of the extended capabilities of photoshop.

I think the only stuff PS does over Fireworks is really advanced image editing and also tweaking things for print. I know a few very good web designers who use FW for designing all the sites and PS if they need to do specific photo retouching, but generally FW as their core tool.

Knowing PS somewhat is handy, but I don't think you're massively missing out on anything by using FW.

• Advertisement
Advertisement