Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question.

Options
  • 17-05-2009 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭

I'm ot really a Trekkie, only seen a few shows of TNG but lately I've started to look up stuff form Star Trek and some of this stuff confuses me.
    Mostly how was Spocks creation even possible ? It says in Wikipedia that Vulcans share an ancestorial heritage with Humans and that cross breeding between Vulcans and Humans is possible, fair enough you might say but why prey tell did Spocks green copper based blood not kill his Human mother as copper is poisonous to Humans ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    I'm ot really a Trekkie, only seen a few shows of TNG but lately I've started to look up stuff form Star Trek and some of this stuff confuses me.
    Mostly how was Spocks creation even possible ? It says in Wikipedia that Vulcans share an ancestorial heritage with Humans and that cross breeding between Vulcans and Humans is possible, fair enough you might say but why prey tell did Spocks green copper based blood not kill his Human mother as copper is poisonous to Humans ?

A mothers blood and a unborn babys blood never mix....simple biology

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

certainly, but there is the transfer of proteins and nutrition, certainly if the baby spock had have been Copper based wouldn't he have required different nutriants then the mothers body was supplying ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

FWIW Worf's one-time girlfriend K'Ehleyr was half Klingon, half human and she said she was the product of genetic engineering.
    So presumeably a Vulcan and a human who wanted to have a child would use similar methods

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

Where was it stated that humans and vulcans share an ancestral heritage?? I recall a episode where a species gave the primordial soup a jump start and hide a code within the dna. But dont remember any other episode that says their related. confused.com i am:(:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

that was a particularly bad episode in the final season of TNG were they encounter an alien who claimed its race "fathered" all race in the Alpha Quadrant making us one big happy family, so the OP is somewhat correct.

I do recall reading one of the many TREK books where McCoy mentions for some reason that Amanda's pregnancy was closely monitored by both Vulcan and Human doctors, because the two races are not fully compatible. this is confirmed in the final season of Enterprise in the episode "Terra Prime".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Where was it stated that humans and vulcans share an ancestral heritage?? I recall a episode where a species gave the primordial soup a jump start and hide a code within the dna. But dont remember any other episode that says their related. confused.com i amfrown.gifconfused.gif
    basically, here. It's a bit vauge I know but it does give some hints as to the begining of Humanoid life in the galaxy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

basically, here. It's a bit vauge I know but it does give some hints as to the begining of Humanoid life in the galaxy.

yes, this is the terrible episode I referred to. stupid idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Penrose

Another Continuity Error in the series :X

• Registered Users Posts: 24,513 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Magic

Advertisement