Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uniforms during exams

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

kateos2 wrote: »
    we're not allowed to leave the exams early in our school, it sucks!

I can't see the SEC being happy with that tbh, why the hell aren't you allow leave early?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Fad wrote: »
    So am I :eek:

*fans self*

Oh come on though, imagine being the only chap/ one of the only chaps in a room where it's swelteringly hot and there's slutty girls as far as the eye can see, slowly removing their clothes as it gets warmer.

Just **** off, I'd rather they had their uniforms on :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

bythewoods wrote: »
    I don't think we're wearing uniforms, and I'd really rather if we were tbh.

That way I wouldn't have to actually think about what I'm gonna wear tbh! I'm not a tracksuit-y kind of dresser, ever, I'm more of a dresses &funky clothes of some description kinda person. So effort of planning ahead :P

so am I, but I don't plan I just throw on anything!

We have to wear our uniform, I'd much rather wear my own clothes though. our skirt is so freakin uncomfortable!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

A couple of people seem to be getting offended by this discussion... I just don't understand what is so "ridiculous" about wanting to be comfortable during exams?

• Advertisement

You should wear it to avoid any stress/negativity during your exams. However, I presume the Examinations Superintendent (if they were a nice person) would be able to overrule your school Principal, if he/she were to demand you wear your uniform! My former Principal was really strict with regards wearing our uniform, but during the exams gave us a choice! You think they'd all be like that just to avoid stupid situations!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I can't see the SEC being happy with that tbh, why the hell aren't you allow leave early?

i don't know, apparently we're allowed leave the center but not the school. they try to discourage us leaving.

we also got a letter today saying that "as a special concession you may wear a white aertex t shirt without a tie for the exams, although the rest of the uniform must be worn"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

i don't know, apparently we're allowed leave the center but not the school. they try to discourage us leaving.

Just leave, they won't be able to stop you sitting the rest of your exams nor can they really say anything to you.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

so am I, but I don't plan I just throw on anything!

We have to wear our uniform, I'd much rather wear my own clothes though. our skirt is so freakin uncomfortable!

Is it by any chance a navy skirt?
    Man, those skirts rocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

we also got a letter today saying that "as a special concession you may wear a white aertex t shirt without a tie for the exams, although the rest of the uniform must be worn"

wtf?

That's just ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

creggy wrote: »
    wtf?

That's just ridiculous

they're a bit too focused on uniform in the school, it's weird,
    as with a lot of things in the school ....
    someone set one of the paper bins in the toilets in the prefabs on fire this year, they didn't even bother phoning the fire brigade and we were all back in within half an hour, sitting in smokey classrooms, not fun for those of us with asthma!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

We didn't have to wear them during the mocks but we do in the real thing. The reason being is that the real thing isn't in the PE hall.

Seems like a very minor thing for them to worry about or even care about. I honestly don't really care that much and would rather avoid a confrontation and keep my record clean. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Nanaki

You're still in your school. You still have to follow the school rules.
    Also, no school should stop you taking off jumpers if you're warm.
    If that's the issue, get a parents' petition. They can't force you to wear a jumper iirc.
    No school will ever listen to students, I know, I've tried. But most will heed parents more seriously.
    Parents, or the parents committee.
    We'd gorgeous weather for exams last year. Thus bringing on my fricking hayfever >_<
    Either way, hope it's the same this year, going camping for the first weekend of exams :P
    Best of luck to all, and yes, if your school rules require uniform (which imo, all should) you have to wear it. Don't try and argue it, it shouldn't matter a crap to you at this stage.
    There's more important things worth your time and effort

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 hotshot_rf

i dont believe this thread actually exists. your doing one of the most important exams of your life and you worrying about what you have to wear? would suit you better to do a bit of study!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Hmm, I don't think we have to wear uniform... besides, since today was my year's last day, everyone was ripping each other's trousers, jumpers and shirts to bits! We won't have any uniform to wear! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

phasers wrote: »
    My uniform is uncomfortable, too warm and to be quite frank after a year of work and lack of exercise, too tight.

That'l be the pies. Lay of em' and get your study on. School uniforms suck ass, but you'll only EVER have to wear it for two more weeks or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Nanaki

[rant]
    Stop whining and get on with your damn study.
    No uniform can be that bad that it distracts you from the bloody exam.
    [/rant]

Seriously.
    If your rules state a uniform is necessary, then it is necessary.
    That doesn't change just because you've to sit in one room for a few hours more than usual.
    If you're too warm, it's not that difficult to take off your jumper. You can hardly be thrun out of the exam centre for that.

I agree with the previous poster. I don't understand the amount of posts in this thread. They're needless so far as I can see

Posting takes about 12 seconds. It hardly stops me from studying. All you people whingeing about us whingeing is even stupider imo.

GrumPy I hate pies :( , I bame the lidl that opened across the road from my house.

If anyone wants to take off their jumper, do! Your school principal will not be left into the classroom in which the examinations are being held. It it highly unlikely that the Superintendent will not allow you to take off your jumper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Guitarist-JEM

hmm if you were wearing your uniform but had pink hair would they let you sit it?:D..i think its absolutely RIDICULOUS that theres still a uniform code...im worried though could you really not be allowed do your exam if you had like a mad hair colour even?:o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes you could be stopped, by your school.

The SEC couldn't care less what colour your hair is, but for the exams, your school's dress/behaviour code prevails.

If it's that big a deal, apply (soon) to sit the exam somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

spurious wrote: »
    Yes you could be stopped, by your school.

The SEC couldn't care less what colour your hair is, but for the exams, your school's dress/behaviour code prevails.

If it's that big a deal, apply (soon) to sit the exam somewhere else.

In all honesty, what kind of school is going to turn you away from your Leaving Cert because you ain't wearing a uniform?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

do girls have to wear skirts in schools these days or is there a choice to wear trousers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

hope there's no restrictions against beards :/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,994 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Monzo wrote: »
    hope there's no restrictions against beards :/

Depends how thick/long it is....

you could be hiding stuff in it:p

superfly wrote: »
    do girls have to wear skirts in schools these days or is there a choice to wear trousers?

Still skirts in my school, they say trousers aren't ladylike.

Monzo: is it a fabulous, Lord of the rings type beard? If so you may be hiding a prgrammable calculator in it and may be beard-searched every day :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

phasers wrote: »
    Still skirts in my school, they say trousers aren't ladylike.

Monzo: is it a fabulous, Lord of the rings type beard?

Unfortunately it has a while to go before it reaches that magnitude :(:D

Advertisement