Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offline version of Eve Online

Options
  • 17-05-2009 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭

Any game like this for PC?

Something like a modern Elite?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Any game like this for PC?

Something like a modern Elite?

There's the X series, latest being X3: Terran Conflict.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X3:_Terran_Conflict

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 vCozMo

The X series is what you are looking for. I believe X2 had a nicer feel to it than X3 does but X3 wins over graphics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

What are are the min specs for these games? I couldnt seem to find on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Freelancer was the game that got me into the space trading style games. Thats what made me get eve online.

Probably a lot easier to play than X series, but i never gave them enough time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

There's nothing much that compairs as a direct verson of eve.

The top two would be Freelancer and X3:TC.

Freelancer is supposed to be good but I could never get in to it, it would probably be considered to be the closest to elite since elite :)

I found X3 fairly good, the story intrested me more then Freelancer, the cut scenes really annoyed me in that game, lots of trade to do as well if you can stand it :)

X3 is also available on steam, freelancer might hard to find although I think there is a free verion of it.

For a list of games like Eve, Elite and the like - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Space_trading_and_combat_simulators

There's not alot of them :/ If you don't care about trade and combat is what you want then the freespace series does a good job of elite-like game play (fighting only! No trade or exploring) and is available on Good Old Games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Yeah...Eve Offline !!

Badumm pitsch !!....:D

*silence....some tumbleweed blows accross*

I'll get me coat :o:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

I'm just starting into EVE online. Not sure I like it yet, but I've decided on 120 days to try it out.
    So far I doubt I'll be keeping the subscription. Very repetitive. Star Trek Online might be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

fluffer wrote: »
    I'm just starting into EVE online. Not sure I like it yet, but I've decided on 120 days to try it out.
    So far I doubt I'll be keeping the subscription. Very repetitive. Star Trek Online might be better.

Join a corp, get to 0.0 space.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

fluffer wrote: »

I used to spend a lot of my free time on the Test Server. Used to be fun in seeing how long you could hold the FFA for.

Advertisement