Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

comreg/eircom/high court

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

RLJ wrote: »

As far as i can remember is that Eircom are bundling the 1 Meg BB service at a retail costto the customer less than the wholesale cost to competitors, such as BT. This makes it impossible for the competition to compete on a level playing field. This comreg says an abuse of their market position. Eircom have 6 bundle packages on the market but only 2 are the subject of this court case.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

The case is because Eircom own Meteor and are bundling a free meteor calls option with their Talk pack, something other companys can't offer.

Comreg demanded they suspend selling of this package sometime in April from what I remember.

I hope Comreg win on this one as otherwise it makes eircom anti-competitive in relation to phone packages in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

If eircom want to bundle then then need to offer the other Bitstream resellers MVNO Meteor. Surely that would satisfy ComReg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Wasn't it Vodafone who complained about this? They own Perlico

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭casey jones

Cabaal wrote: »
    I hope Comreg win on this one as otherwise it makes eircom anti-competitive in relation to phone packages in Ireland

This is the classic Irish approach to competition and the ESB suffer from the same problem as eircom i.e. the regulator wants to keep the incumbent's prices high to encourage competition. Brilliant !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

I notice Vodafone are offering landline/broadband and free calls to 3 vodafone mobiles (200 mins). The Eircom bundle is 200 free mins to any Meteor mobile. Why aren't vodafone being taken to court?

Advertisement