Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer problems

Options
  • 17-05-2009 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Can anyone reccomend somewhere in Mullingar to get a computer/monitor looked at reasonably priced? :) Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭coillcam

Have you tried the forums on boards? You might be able to fix the issue yourself..... http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=9

A mate of mine is a technician, pm me and I'll give you his number if you want. I don't want to post it on a public forum as it's his personal number and I don't have his work one.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭richiepoorman

Have asked in the Tech forum - but it seems that all the computer type people in Mullingar are closing down. Can you PM his number? Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭richiepoorman

My sister got her monitor fixed by a guy in Blackhall (Compu 2u) and he only charged her €20. Fantastic service. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 pip-irl

very few in town that are actually any good. Prob best to find a friend who knows what the are doing. most the shops in town don't know what they are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

AFAIK there are no 'decent' computer repair shops.

I have done a lot of repairs to PC/laptops for acquaintances and work colleagues (with no fix no fee agreements) and many were botch jobs from so called PC repair shops.

One example of how bad they are, a work colleague had a 2 yr old dell laptop which failed its drop test and damaged the MB:

She brought it into a computer shop (town center) for a quote and after 2 days they were in touch said it would cost around €800 to repair so its not worth repairing but they did charge €20 to put all the contents of the hard-drive onto a DVD-R (bless them). So she claimed it off the house insurance.

It was a month later that we were chatting about it and I said drop it into me for a look,
    THE BAAASTARD HAD ROBBED THE HARD-DRIVE, RAM AND WIFI CARD!,
    I told her to go back to the computer shop and complain but of course they denied all knowledge:mad:

She gave it to me to keep as she was going to throw it out, but €300 on second hand parts from ebay and 2 hours of my time brought it back to life

• Advertisement
Advertisement