Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameseek and mymemory - trustworthy?

Options
  • 17-05-2009 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Hi all! I'm thinking of buying a couple things but wanted to know the general opinion on these shops. I've never bought anything from them before but have noticed that they have some rare stuff that I've been looking for.

The links for them are www.gameseek.co.uk

and www.mymemory.co.uk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

dunno about gameseek but mymem.co.uk are safe as houses

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

How'd you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Gameseek say they have items in stock when they don't. It's their distributor that has them in stock. Can take an age to get stuff off them. Also they won't ship anything bigger then a controller to Ireland e.g. SF4 TE fightstick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

My Memory is reliable, I will be buying from them again.

Ah yeah, fair enough. I'm not looking to order anything like a console. Is there any way of reaching their distributor to ask them about stock?

Glad to know mymemory are good. Been looking for a game for ages and they're the only guys who have it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

bought an ipod speaker thingy from mymemory which didn't work out of
    the box and I emailed them about a return. They told me to post it back
    and they would replace it and refund postage and they recommended
    registered post which I then did. Upon receipt they refused to refund the
    Irish reg. price, offered only the uk reg price, and refunded the price of
    the speaker which had doubled in price since. I argued the point with them
    to no avail so I won't be using them again

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Gameseek are rubbish. Ordered a SFIV joypad off them before the game was released and they took the money straight away. Ended up having to wait three months for it to be sent as they had none in stock, despite advertising it differently and they continued (and still continue) to sell stuff they don't have in stock. I'd steer well clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

bought a controller off gameseek... took an age and a half for it to arrive, due to them taking my money before they actually had the controller in stock. But they where very communicative and kept me updated regularly via email to let me know when they where expecting stock in.

That being said, a true test of a company is their returns policy and how well they treat the customer when they have a problem. I haven't had to do this with them so I couldn't say.

Well its cheeky that they take your money when they don't have stock. Thats ridiculous really. I know that they would send what you're looking for when they get stock.I'll probably look elsewhere for the fightpad then. Real shame because they're way cheaper than anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

hi guys i dont know about reliability but prices are expensive on both sites!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Leprekaun wrote: »
    Well its cheeky that they take your money when they don't have stock. Thats ridiculous really. I know that they would send what you're looking for when they get stock.I'll probably look elsewhere for the fightpad then. Real shame because they're way cheaper than anywhere else.

Videogamesplus.ca were selling them at one stage. Good company and easy to deal with

I had a look. They don't seem to have them anymore :(

Advertisement