Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where in Kildare should we move to??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭loveforcelbridg

Still cant beat celbridge though,its better.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Still cant beat celbridge though,its better.;)

that's all subjective, i mean, yes of course Celbridge is better than a cave in antartica. Out of the North Kildare towns though..... hmmmm ;):P

Having said that, there is an esso on the clane road that does good prices at the weekend!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭flahers

Have lived in both Naas and Newbridge and would give Newbridge my vote anyday. Naas is a town thast has stood still, it looks so depressing and dated while Newbridge has improved in leaps and bounds. People are far friendlier too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

flahers wrote: »
    Have lived in both Naas and Newbridge and would give Newbridge my vote anyday. Naas is a town thast has stood still, it looks so depressing and dated while Newbridge has improved in leaps and bounds. People are far friendlier too.

I can't agree with you there. I don't live in either but visit both at least once a week. Naas is far more attractive! The shopping centre in Newbridge is fantastic, but the town is very run down and badly needs a facelift.

Naas, on the other hand, is well looked after and has a certain charm to it.

I also visit playgrounds in both towns regularly, and it may just be pure bad luck on my part, but I have had quite a few bad experiences in the one in Newbridge. Most recently I had to leave as I was being verbally abused by a gang of 11 year old scumbags.

It's a pity, coz it's a much better playground than the one in Naas.

To the OP, I would suggest Sallins/Naas. Great transport options, nice town, lots of facilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭_SONIC_

move to maynooth!!

you can be my new best friends!!!!

i cant wait!!:):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

SueWho wrote: »
    I'll give Naas a vote- just bought a house there. Most expensive town in Kildare to buy a house though so you might feel you get more house for your money in other towns. BUT, it all depends on what your priorities are. If you're commuting to Dublin Naas is great (I drive to the red cow and get the luas). Every ten or fifteen minutes added on to the journey by venturing further into Kildare towards Newbridge and Kildare town will matter to you if you're commuting every day.

Naas has lots of nice restaurants, shops, social and sports clubs, Punchestown & Naas races and it is a 'quiet' type of town despite it's size.

These arguments alway pop up about Naas vs Newbridge and there are lots of plus points for both so in the end it's just personal preference.

My impression of Newbridge though is that it's fully of scum-mobiles vroooooming around and knackers hanging around everywhere. I am simply saying what I have witnessed there- don't kill me.

Quite frankly, your post is utterly ridicules. Please don't listen to this Naas boy. Newbridge is a beautiful place to live in, compared to the mundane and monotonous Naas. The town of Naas is a disaster. The planning is awful. Nothing to do there. Full of Stoners and Chavs. Only upside to the town is the Time venue. Besides that the town is dirty, local secondary schools have bad reputations. Most people with wealth in the area send there children to Newbridge College.

Rather than Naas I would suggest you move to the Kilcullen dump. Which has more class and more to do. Wha-hay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭bannerbhoy

Maynooth end of!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭FACEPALM

I live in Castletown in Celbridge . Lovely place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭r0nanf

Kurtza wrote: »
    ...Only upside to the town is the Time venue.

Ah here if you're going to use country nightclubs as a barometer of where to move... What are you, 12?! *jk This is Kildare, they are all shíte.

Time is an upscale cattle market, I don't think it'd be the highest thing up on the list of positives for a young family. Naas has better restaurants, better bars, better shops, better transport links. Nicer looking town, still retains that country town look while being 30 mins from the city. Far more development planned for Naas too, take a look at the UDC plan. Brand new schools and sports facilities.

As someone who went to school in Newbridge and moved from Dublin city to Naas 3 years ago, runs a business in the area and has reason to frequent both towns - Naas is a far nicer town. Yeah Newbridge has Whitewater but the Naas Shopping Centre will be open before xmas, so that's that one put to bed.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Currently moving to Maynooth.
    It is within the Dublin city boundries for train,has lots of shops good schools and is pleasant.

• Advertisement

r0nanf wrote: »
    Ah here if you're going to use country nightclubs as a barometer of where to move... What are you, 12?! *jk This is Kildare, they are all shíte.

Time is an upscale cattle market, I don't think it'd be the highest thing up on the list of positives for a young family. Naas has better restaurants, better bars, better shops, better transport links. Nicer looking town, still retains that country town look while being 30 mins from the city. Far more development planned for Naas too, take a look at the UDC plan. Brand new schools and sports facilities.

As someone who went to school in Newbridge and moved from Dublin city to Naas 3 years ago, runs a business in the area and has reason to frequent both towns - Naas is a far nicer town. Yeah Newbridge has Whitewater but the Naas Shopping Centre will be open before xmas, so that's that one put to bed.

I'm sure you lived in Newbridge. Your story, nor does your reasoning make any sense. You sure reason like a business man. :rolleyes:

Also I notice your blueshirt aurora about you. But don't reply to that because we both know that that is a fact.

The new Naas shopping center is going to be deplorable.

Let's get to facts here. Newbridge is the fastest growing "suburb" of Dublin. The Naas town itself is ugly. Despite the mildly entertaining town drunks, the town is a kip. The pathetic excuse for a town that is Naas, is ultimately a disaster. The new shopping center has a Dunnes in it. Yes, that is how desperate they are. IDC what any Naas fanboy has to say. But when they start lying to prove a point.

Dolus bonus

Ronan, I really hope to god you don't lie to your customers like you lie on here, because that would be quite sad. Hope the wine business works out. Not really though:pac:

...You sure reason like a business man. :rolleyes: ...Also I notice your blueshirt aurora about you. B...IDC what any Naas fanboy has to say. But when they start lying to prove a point...
    Ronan, I really hope to god you don't lie to your customers like you lie on here, because that would be quite sad. Hope the wine business works out. Not really though:pac:

Blueshirt aurora? Are you accusing me of being a fascist? Oh man, that's priceless.

Flaming Definition:

An Internet user typically generates a flame response to other posts or users posting on a site, and such a response is usually not constructive, does not clarify a discussion, and does not persuade others. Sometimes, flamers attempt to assert their authority, or establish a position of superiority over other users. Other times, a flamer is simply an individual who believes he or she carries the only valid opinion. This leads him or her to personally attack those who disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Quite frankly, your post is utterly ridicules. Please don't listen to this Naas boy. Newbridge is a beautiful place to live in, compared to the mundane and monotonous Naas. The town of Naas is a disaster. The planning is awful. Nothing to do there. Full of Stoners and Chavs. Only upside to the town is the Time venue. Besides that the town is dirty, local secondary schools have bad reputations. Most people with wealth in the area send there children to Newbridge College.

Rather than Naas I would suggest you move to the Kilcullen dump. Which has more class and more to do. Wha-hay!
    I'm sure you lived in Newbridge. Your story, nor does your reasoning make any sense. You sure reason like a business man. :rolleyes:

Also I notice your blueshirt aurora about you. But don't reply to that because we both know that that is a fact.

The new Naas shopping center is going to be deplorable.

Let's get to facts here. Newbridge is the fastest growing "suburb" of Dublin. The Naas town itself is ugly. Despite the mildly entertaining town drunks, the town is a kip. The pathetic excuse for a town that is Naas, is ultimately a disaster. The new shopping center has a Dunnes in it. Yes, that is how desperate they are. IDC what any Naas fanboy has to say. But when they start lying to prove a point.

Dolus bonus

What age are you? Honestly?

If Time is the only upside, we are in trouble.

What the hell is a chav?

Bad reputations for the schools? Every school has a bad rep to somebody.

A blueshirt aurora? Where did you go to school? Perhaps that should have a bad rep too...

What are next weeks lotto numbers? Use that crystal ball there to find out for me like a good girl.

Whats wrong with Dunnes?

Where did Ronan lie? Specifically?

To be honest, your posts read like a bitter 15 yr old who lives in Newbridge and still clings to a caveman rivalry between the towns. Perhaps you should write for the sun, you seem fond of the dramatics and sensational.

What age are you? Honestly?

If Time is the only upside, we are in trouble.

What the hell is a chav?

Bad reputations for the schools? Every school has a bad rep to somebody.

A blueshirt aurora? Where did you go to school? Perhaps that should have a bad rep too...

What are next weeks lotto numbers? Use that crystal ball there to find out for me like a good girl.

Whats wrong with Dunnes?

Where did Ronan lie? Specifically?

To be honest, your posts read like a bitter 15 yr old who lives in Newbridge and still clings to a caveman rivalry between the towns. Perhaps you should write for the sun, you seem fond of the dramatics and sensational.

I'm going to have to bite my lip on this one.

I'm not from Kildare at all btw. I don't live in either town. Thank god.

Next weeks lotto?

Why don't you tell us?

Listen, if you want your children to live a fruitful life choose a NICE town in Kildare.

If not, there's Naas. Enjoy cutting kilos with the kids. Happy Daze afterall lads. :pac:

I'm going to have to bite my lip on this one.

Maybe thats something you should have done a few posts ago, seeing as you don't even live in either town... :rolleyes:

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I'm living in Celbridge and moving to Clane. Oh man. I must be mad!

r0nanf wrote: »
    Maybe thats something you should have done a few posts ago, seeing as you don't even live in either town... :rolleyes:

Oh get a life. Enjoy Naas, I'm glad YOU like it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 queeniestar

Any idea what Derriturn is like - apart from quiet? Or is it?

Advertisement