Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arabic Caligraphy

Options
  • 17-05-2009 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Hey gang, I hope to God someone here can help me, otherwise all hope is lost!:pac:

Looking for someone who can translate english to Arabic and someone who can write out Arabic caligraphy. If one person can do both, that'd be great.

I'm desperate here, been looking for a long time and I'll pay if necessary.
    It's a fairly long piece, 29 words of varying length going all the way down my right side from armpit to pelvis in short lines.

Any help, is HUGELY appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Would be dubious about getting a lettering tattoo in a language I don't know or read...

There is no arabic forum here on boards, maybe ask around? Maybe head to a mosque or something?

No clue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭tattoodublin

BJC wrote: »
    Hey gang, I hope to God someone here can help me, otherwise all hope is lost!:pac:

Looking for someone who can translate english to Arabic and someone who can write out Arabic caligraphy. If one person can do both, that'd be great.

I'm desperate here, been looking for a long time and I'll pay if necessary.
    It's a fairly long piece, 29 words of varying length going all the way down my right side from armpit to pelvis in short lines.

Any help, is HUGELY appreciated.

Thanks!

I've had a few things translated for tattoos from locals here at a coffee shop ( Iranian / Cyprus dude with irish wife) and a local hallal shop. look around your nieghborhood your more likely than not to find a small shop or restaraunt with arabic speaking people, good luck, Pluto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

tbh you'd want to really trust the person who is doing that for you , esp if you have no clue yerself

that just me tho, be scared ****less in case they give me some bull just for laughs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭tattoodublin

emo!! wrote: »
    tbh you'd want to really trust the person who is doing that for you , esp if you have no clue yerself

that just me tho, be scared ****less in case they give me some bull just for laughs!

:D Emo! hahaha, you never heard of "double checking" something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

Will wrote: »
    Would be dubious about getting a lettering tattoo in a language I don't know or read...
    Maybe head to a mosque or something?

Well, Arabic Caligraphy is really cool looking and as long as I had a correct translation that was checked I dont really see a problem.

I considered a Mosque but apparently putting tattoo's on their body (or piercings or anything not given to you by God) is against a Muslims religion so most coming from a Mosque would be too devout to help.
    I've had a few things translated for tattoos from locals here at a coffee shop ( Iranian / Cyprus dude with irish wife) and a local hallal shop. look around your nieghborhood your more likely than not to find a small shop or restaraunt with arabic speaking people, good luck, Pluto

Would probably encounter the same problem.

The more difficult the search becomes, the more I want this tattoo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

:D Emo! hahaha, you never heard of "double checking" something ?
    yeah i have, but it being in a language that i dont know, i wouldnt trust some random dude and another random dude after him to check to see if the 1st did it right.

emo!! wrote: »
    yeah i have, but it beinging in a language that i dont know, i wouldnt trust some random dude and another random dude after him to check to see if the 1st did it right.

Ok ok, fair enough we won't make you get an arabic tattoo...

Anyone have any more ideas?

"Careful now, down with that sort of thing" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Can you PM me what it is you want translated... my aunt is a Muslim and speaks Arabic but I'm not sure if she knows Arabic Calligraphy. I may be able to help you.

Thanks Adrienne, PM sent

• Advertisement

Bumpity bump, Are there really no Arabic caligraphers who frequent the tattoo section of boards!? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

Hey I could ask an egyptian girl in my year to do it for you if you like? She's Muslim but doesn't have any objections to tattoos as far as I can tell! PM me if you still need it!

Last bump. Promise :D

Stop bumping, ffs.

if people wanted to add stuff to the thread they would, don't be so lazy and go and do some research yourself instead of sittin on your ass!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement