Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Banditz Poker Room

• 17-05-2009 9:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭

Hi guy's, I just wanna let you know that the club will be open tomorrow night , mon 18th from 8pm. We will be having a €30 game with 1 rebuy for €20 , 6k starting stack and 10k rebuy with a 20 min clock. I cant say how many will be there but i hope to build a good customer base over the next few weeks with affordable buy ins and well structured games. So here goes and may you all run good where ever you play and i hope you all give us a shout in the near future. Regards .. Damo

1. Who is running the event (BANDITZ POKER ROOM)
    2. The purpose of the event (commercial)
    3. Date and Location of event:Monday 18th
    4. Registration and Start time of event. reg from 8pm start 9pm
    5. Any prerequisites (member of club, which is free)
    6. How can tickets be purchased & is there a maximum number (players can pay on the day, maximum number is about 80
    7. Type of Tournament (NL Hold'em rebuy)
    8. Cost of entry and any subsequent rebuys/top-ups etc. €30+€20 rebuy or add on
    9. Cost of registration €5 and 5 from add on's
    10. % of entry fee/rebuys/top-up going into Prize fund
    11. Any guaranteed prize pool. No
    12. If applicable, Number of re-buys allowed and over what time frame/blind levels. 1 only up to 4th level
    13. Starting Chips 6k
    14. Rebuy and Top-up chip amounts. 10k
    15. Blind levels, 20 mins , blind levels may be replayed depending on big blind/average stack ratio
    16. Blind timeframes 25/50 50/100 100/200 200/400,300/600 , 400/800, 500/1000, 800/1500, 1000/2000, 1500/3000, 2000/4000, 3000/6000, 4000/8000 etc
    17. Places being paid and if any prizes are other than cash. top 5 or 6 depending on numbers
    18. Are there going to be dealers - At least 2
    19. Will there be a documented list of rules yes
    20. Is there a tournament director yes
    21. How are disputes handled - who has final say. TD
    For further info contact 0877855396 or email banditzpoker@yahoo.ie

The club is located in the Diamond Centre ,The Diamond , Monaghan town.
    The entrance is on the right hand side as you drive through to the cinema.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

GL with the club Damo. Hope it goes well for you.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

DAMO72 wrote: »
    9. Cost of registration €5 and 5 from add on's

Best of luck with the new club Damo and hope it goes well. The reg seems excessive though

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Donkathon

KevIRL wrote: »
    Best of luck with the new club Damo and hope it goes well. The reg seems excessive though

16% for buyin and 25% for rebuy :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

So the buyin is 30 +5 reg then for each subsequent addon for 20 you're taking 5 out of this, lol for real?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Quick everyone jump in and post how lol omg terribad it is, Kev said it let him reply.

• Advertisement

CHD wrote: »
    Quick everyone jump in and post how lol omg terribad it is, Kev said it let him reply.

Ahem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

I know what your saying about the reg Kev but at the moment i have to go this way until i can get a customer base built up , and in fairness the reg will be the very same for the higher buy in games also. I dont have gaming tables so there is no other source of revenue to make this viable. When and if i get things up and running and know better where i stand I will be able to reduce the reg fee,s.

I wish you the very best of luck with your new club damo but I would have thought that offering a bit of value would be the best way to get your business off the ground.
    Anyone who plays cards won't want to pay those ridiculous reg fees and you'll be at nothing.
    You play yourself and I would have thought you'd know better than this,seriously man that's crazy.

So the buyin is 30 +5 reg then for each subsequent addon for 20 you're taking 5 out of this, lol for real?
    Guy,s im trying to start a business here and i cant do it for fcuk all. Would you??? Go ahead and knock it if you want ,but you can vote with your feet anyway

Guy,s im trying to start a business here and i cant do it for fcuk all. Would you??? Go ahead and knock it if you want ,but you can vote with your feet anyway

:pac::pac: gl

• Advertisement

I wish you the very best of luck with your new club damo but I would have thought that offering a bit of value would be the best way to get your business off the ground.
    Anyone who plays cards won't want to pay those ridiculous reg fees and you'll be at nothing.
    You play yourself and I would have thought you'd know better than this,seriously man that's crazy.
    Im playing poker a long time now and i have never questioned a reg fee . If i felt a reg fee was exessive i just didnt go.

edit: If you check the tourney sticky at the top of the page you will notice that the reg is pretty standard across the board and a lot of these places have gaming tables.

Im playing poker a long time now and i have never questioned a reg fee . If i felt a reg fee was exessive i just didnt go.

Exactly! The vast majority of players will find over 33% reg on a rebuy to be excessive to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Donkathon

wow :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭winstons pt

Best of luck with this Damo, i hope to get up ther sometime to give you some SUPPORT no matter what the reg fee :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭oneillMan999

best of luck Damo...i wont be up to monaghan for a couple weeks, but ill make sure to get over when i am

best of luck Damo...i wont be up to monaghan for a couple weeks, but ill make sure to get over when i am
    Cheers , I hope i have a good crowd turning by then.I know it will take a while but im here for the long haul.

Exactly! The vast majority of players will find over 33% reg on a rebuy to be excessive to say the least.
    Last time i looked 10 from 50 = 20% ,

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72

Hi Damo,
    I used to play at a game where it was 30 plus 30 rebuy or top up.
    €10 reg from the 1st buy in but no reg from the top up.

Why not try something like that? It's the top up reg that people seem to have an issue with. Or maybe €35 buy in with €10 reg and €20 top up with no reg.
    Just a suggestion, best of luck with it either way and it was a pleasure to meet you at JP's game.

Last time i looked 10 from 50 = 20% ,

Read my post again.

Last time I looked 5 from 20 = 33 %

But you're right 20% would be just fab.

What are the other tournies on your schedule and what are the buyins and reg fees considering you wish to drag it up?

5 from 20 is 25%
    But that's besides the point, €10 reg fee for a small buy in game is pretty standard. It's not about percentages at that level. Give the man a chance to offer value for the €10, which I am sure there will be.
    I play a regular game on a Thursday which is €65 buy in freezout. €15 reg €50 for prizepool.
    It gets upwards of 90 players every week and nobody complains because it is run so well with exceptional value.

• Advertisement

gorrrr72 wrote: »
    5 from 20 is 25%
    But that's besides the point, €10 reg fee for a small buy in game is pretty standard. It's not about percentages at that level. Give the man a chance to offer value for the €10, which I am sure there will be.
    I play a regular game on a Thursday which is €65 buy in freezout. €15 reg €50 for prizepool.
    It gets upwards of 90 players every week and nobody complains because it is run so well with exceptional value.

Let me spell it out for you 1 last time,if you pay 20 quid for a top up and 5 comes out for reg then 15 is going into the prizepool, now I was always pretty good at maths but i'm sure most people can grasp that a fiver reg from 20 with 15 going to the prizepool is 33%.

Jeez it's not bloody rocket science,ffs.

Look I'm done with all this crap, I attempted to offer a bit of advice which was obviously not wanted,fair enough,and I wish Damo the very best of luck with the new club.
    I'm out, have fun ladies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

very best of luck with the venture Damo.. If I'm up your direction I'll drop in..

Let me spell it out for you 1 last time,if you pay 20 quid for a top up and 5 comes out for reg then 15 is going into the prizepool, now I was always pretty good at maths but i'm sure most people can grasp that a fiver reg from 20 with 15 going to the prizepool is 33%.

Jeez it's not bloody rocket science,ffs.

Look I'm done with all this crap, I attempted to offer a bit of advice which was obviously not wanted,fair enough,and I wish Damo the very best of luck with the new club.
    I'm out, have fun ladies.

The point is €10 reg fee is pretty standard. It's not a big buy in game. As long as there is value for the €10 then it's a amall price to pay for a good game in nice surroundings.
    I play plenty of €100 + 20 games and don't question the reg. It's not about the percentage of the buy in. Even the €3 rebuy in the pokeroom has a €5 reg fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Iri$hKeLt

Damo good luck with the club mate, What schedule do you have for this weekend. Me and a good few of my mates have started playing live a lot more recently so I will try send them your direction.

Just let me know what games are on this weekend, I already have one friday night so sat/sun.

Best of luck buddy

gorrrr72 wrote: »
    Hi Damo,
    I used to play at a game where it was 30 plus 30 rebuy or top up.
    €10 reg from the 1st buy in but no reg from the top up.

Why not try something like that? It's the top up reg that people seem to have an issue with. Or maybe €35 buy in with €10 reg and €20 top up with no reg.
    Just a suggestion, best of luck with it either way and it was a pleasure to meet you at JP's game.
    I agree with you here and i will probably do this from now on . The reason i had chosen to do 5 from each is that if you didnt have to rebuy you were only paying a fiver reg instead of ten. Thanks for best wishes and it was a pleasure to play with you also , I especially liked the my 7's against your QQ :D:D:D.

Macspower wrote: »
    very best of luck with the venture Damo.. If I'm up your direction I'll drop in..
    Cheers paul, i really enjoyed the game on sunday . I hope you do get a chance to get up some time .I might put a bounty on you aswell .

Iri$hKeLt wrote: »
    Damo good luck with the club mate, What schedule do you have for this weekend. Me and a good few of my mates have started playing live a lot more recently so I will try send them your direction.

Just let me know what games are on this weekend, I already have one friday night so sat/sun.

Best of luck buddy
    Thanks Brendan, I will have some kind of a shedule up by wed. eve, Thursday night is a €50 freezout , 15k and 20min clock if your interested. I will probably include a ticket for the Brucepoker game in the prizepool .

Last nite was just a stab in the dark but we got 7 players in and played 2 sng's reg free.
    If the very first hand is anything to go by this place is gonna be exciting. Raise to 250 pf and 3 players ,Flop is K74 all spades ,UTG leads for 500, next makes it 2600 and both players call, turn card 4 and its chk all round, river is 10 spades. UTG bets 2500 next makes it 5k , 1 fold and utg moves all in and gets snapped called with 77 for the boat and utg tables 44 for quads . WOW

I agree with you here and i will probably do this from now on . The reason i had chosen to do 5 from each is that if you didnt have to rebuy you were only paying a fiver reg instead of ten. Thanks for best wishes and it was a pleasure to play with you also , I especially liked the my 7's against your QQ :D:D:D.

Hehe....yeah that was a killer, my 1st and last hand played in that satellite.
    Went out of my regular game last Thursday KK against a set of 7's too.
    People seem to flop a lot of sets of 77's when I have a big pair lately.
    Must be my unlucky number:eek:

Best of luck with the new venture, I'll drop in if I'm in the area.

• Advertisement
Advertisement