Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Bundesliga Thread

• 17-05-2009 9:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭

I've searched and there isn't one. There definitely should be though as there are a few fans floating around here.
    Brilliant ending to the season, pity Hertha couldn't go all the way (as usual). The matches this weekend were unreal, Hoffenheim denying Bayern with a 2:2 draw, Köln turning over HSV away from home and Wolfsburg hammering Hannover 5:0 looking to go on to clinch their 1st championship.
    The league standard has really risen this year, hopefully it will continue next season, especially with Köln staying up and Poldi coming home:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Yeah Köln managed to avoid relegation easily enough, although the points total for relegation seems a bit low this year. Hopefully with Podolski back next season they can finish mid table comfortably. Enough of this yoyo shíte.

Great end to the season. Especially with Bayern playing Stuttgart in a winner take all situation if Wolfsburg manage to lose to Bremen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Yeah Köln managed to avoid relegation easily enough. Hopefully with Podolski back next season they can finish mid table comfortably. Enough of this yoyo shíte.
    When you look at it though, they had a great season. They managed to beat a good few of the big boys over the course of the year including totally outclassing Bayern and Stuttgart away from home and other wins against Bremen and Hamburg. Daum has done very well for himself, especially over the last 2 years, hopefully this will continue next season and beyond!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Exciting end alright.

Three can still win the league on the final day of action next Saturday.

Wolfsburg
    66 +35
    Bayern Munich--64 +28
    Stuttgart
    64 +21

Final games

Bayern Munich v Stuttgart
    Wolfsburg v Werder Bremen (10th)

Unless Bayern murder Stuttgart a draw will do it for Wolfsburg.

Bad news for both the chasing teams though. Wolfsburg's home record this season reads 15-1-0 46-12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

C'mon Stuttgart :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

dsmythy wrote: »
    Bad news for both the chasing teams though. Wolfsburg's home record this season reads 15-1-0 46-12

I suppose they'll just have to hope that Wolfsburg choke when the pressure's on.

If Wolfsburg needed all 3 points they might have a hope, but seeing as a draw will do, I think Wolfsburg will manage to get at least that against a Bremen side with nothing to play for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Hopp Stuttgart!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

I think Wolfsburg will manage to get at least that against a Bremen side with nothing to play for.

Werder have loads to play for, if they lose Bayern cant win the league, dont think anyone in Bremen would be unhappy with a loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

I think it's all over given the goal difference situation

Wolfsburg +35 66
    Bayern +28 64
    Stuttgart +21 64
    Hertha +11 63

For Bayern to win, Wolfsburg have to lose and Bayern have to make up seven goals in the difference.
    For Stuttgart to win, Wolfsburg have to lose and Stuttgart have to make up fourteen goals in the difference.

Really cant see either of these scenarios happening especially given Bayern are playing Stuttgart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

They give 3 points for a win in Germany these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

bohsman wrote: »
    They give 3 points for a win in Germany these days.

That's a truely excellent point:(

• Advertisement

If Stuttgart win, we have to hope that Werder beat Wolfsburg. Considering it's Diego's last match for Werder, I'm hoping he plays a stormer. I'm going 3-2 Bremen and 1-0 Stuttgart. Bayern and Jupp Heynke won't win anyway, the likes of Toni, Podolski and Sosa aren't playing the best.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Quite impressed by Edin Dzeko there.

Quite impressed by Edin Dzeko there.
    Himself and Grafite have 50 goals between them. He'll be moving soon though I reckon.

Best prices for the league title:

1/6 Wolfsburg
    15/2 Bayern Munich
    25/1 Stuttgart

Lest we forget the Cup.

Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Werder Bremen in the final on May 30th in Berlin.

bohsman wrote: »
    Werder have loads to play for, if they lose Bayern cant win the league, dont think anyone in Bremen would be unhappy with a loss.

Plus they could of just won the UEFA Cup. Holiday time already for the players come Saturday.

And as I said- it's Diego's last game. He'll want to go out with a bang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Wolfsburg won the Bundesliga just now after a 5-1 win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Herta beaten 4 - 0 by Karlsruher
    Bayern 2 -1 Stutggart
    Frankfurt 2 - 3 Hamburg

VfL Wolfsburg
    Bayern Munich
    VfB Stuttgart
    Hertha Berlin
    Hamburg SV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

Wolfsburg!

Wolfgang Wolf guides Wolfsburg [:D:D] to their first ever title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWFtmi0zCMU

savage home record, must be the best in the world

We'll be back next year...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Great recovery, after his initial mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I do like my Bundesliga, just a pity ESPN don't show more matches of it, but they usually always show a Friday match, so i cant complain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Bukman13 wrote: »
    Great recovery, after his initial mistake.

Lovin it.

Advertisement