Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tow Bars ??

• 17-05-2009 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me where to go to have a tow bar fixed to my Chausson its on a ford transit chassis. I'm based in Bray Co Wicklow. Thanks:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

only one I know ..unfortunately not Irish

http://www.smvmetall.de/English/body_english.html

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭irishllanaber

Thanks peasant. I'm hoping to find someone a bit closer.
    I have rang around the usual tow bar people to my surprise they don't seem to know much about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

The issue is that due to the long overhang (and possibly the low bumper as well) no variant of standard Transit towbar will fit.

You'll need to find someone who not just sells but actually makes towbars.

Yes its a problem alright. I heard about a guy in Rathmines, I'm thinking of calling up to him on Friday. Is it possible to get a roof rack on this type of van.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

peasant wrote: »
    The issue is that due to the long overhang (and possibly the low bumper as well) no variant of standard Transit towbar will fit.

You'll need to find someone who not just sells but actually makes towbars.

I was just looking at my MH the other day to see if it would be possible to install a tow bar but due to the long overhang I doubt that it would be possible. If it was I would say that it would not take much of a load anyway, due to the lever moment caused by the distance it could put a lot of strain on the chassis rails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭connel42

I Have a Cahusson with a large overhang on a trasit chassis.
    I have the origional drawing for a towbar which came with the documents.
    If you want to PM me I can send you a copy or my number if you want to discuss it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

connel42 wrote: »
    I Have a Cahusson with a large overhang on a trasit chassis.
    I have the origional drawing for a towbar which came with the documents.
    If you want to PM me I can send you a copy or my number if you want to discuss it.

Thanks for that. PM sent.

*Kol* wrote: »
    I was just looking at my MH the other day to see if it would be possible to install a tow bar but due to the long overhang I doubt that it would be possible. If it was I would say that it would not take much of a load anyway, due to the lever moment caused by the distance it could put a lot of strain on the chassis rails.

I need to pull a dinghy around to different events around the country. Theres not to much weight in it so I'm not too concerned about the weight. (fingers crossed)

Advertisement