Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in City Centre - Would you?

Options
  • 17-05-2009 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm going to a couple of gigs in the next few weeks in Vicar street - my question is, do you think it's safer to just get a cab or would you park your car in the city center? Anyone got any ideas re cost of cab from Cornelscourt to Vicar Street?

Ta,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭daithi666

I park my car in town all the time. The car should be fine. Just be careful which street you park it on. I'd suggest one of the residential streets just a bit further up on the left beside Guinness. Never seen any trouble there...

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭git_ireland

I always park there, ne been a problem. Eventually Mr. Crosbie wants an underground carpark there which will be handy. Taxi fare from Cornelscourt will cost approx. €20.00 e/w.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

been doing a bit of digging - is there a multistorey on Thomas Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Nobody ever parks in Dublin city centre at night.
    We all leave them in Kildare. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

there is one behind jurys, just down from the chipper, i try and get a space at farrow and ball on the corner highly visable or just use the multistory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭jollygood

try www.parkit.ie - you can advertise for a secure space overnight at someone's house/apartment

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I park on street all the time and have never had any problems. I even park in areas that some would consider undesireable!

Cost of taxi would also depend on time, number of passengers and whether it's booked or hailed on street.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

joeclif wrote: »
    there is one behind jurys, just down from the chipper, i try and get a space at farrow and ball on the corner highly visable or just use the multistory

Ye down on Werburg St. about 2 mins past Burdocks. Don't think there is any parking outside Fallow and Ball anymore iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Ye down on Werburg St. about 2 mins past Burdocks
    That car-park is excessively expensive for its location.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I'm nearly sure Fleet Street CarPark is only something like 6 quid to park your car there for the night, has to be collected by 9 in the morning though, it could be a bit more then 6 but its no more than a tenner. Why don't you get a bus in and a taxi home, cut your traveling costs almost in half

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭ODS

cjmcork wrote: »
    do you think it's safer to just get a cab or would you park your car in the city center?

:eek:

Are you MAD?

They're savages in around those parts, eat their young - you must be one crazy mother to even consider such a venture!!!

Only joking - your car might just survive - I park all the time all around town - just don't leave temptations such as a camera, bag, or fancy cd player visible. Alternatively if it gives you peace of mind, park in the private carpark behind Lidl on Thomas Street - accessed from Oliver Bond Street, which runs parallel to Thomas Street, to it's north ;)

Advertisement