Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cena turning against hometown teams

• 17-05-2009 11:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭

Recently Cena was at a baseball game cheering on Tampa Bay against the team from Boston. Again at the NBA playoffs Boston were in action against Orlando and he was ringside wearing an Orlando Magic jersey.

Americans are sports nuts. I can't imagine this will make wrestling fans from his part of the world like him very much.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

But hes from West Newbury, not Boston, so what does it matter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

He's a Boston fan but he was a guest of Orlando's so they made him put an Orlando jersey over his Boston one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

American sports teams are all franchises so they're not technically "local" teams. It's fairly common for people to support teams from different parts of the country, for example the Raiders NFL team began in Oakland, moved to LA and then back to Oakland, not the biggest move but that's just an example of it, i'd imagine the majority of fans still support the team though......

.....all of which is pointless really cause as krudler said Cena's not form Boston!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

American sports teams are all franchises so they're not technically "local" teams. It's fairly common for people to support teams from different parts of the country, for example the Raiders NFL team began in Oakland, moved to LA and then back to Oakland, not the biggest move but that's just an example of it, i'd imagine the majority of fans still support the team though......

.....all of which is pointless really cause as krudler said Cena's not form Boston!;)

True, although the Celtics have been in Boston since the very beginning. Ditto the Red Sox. I'd imagine in the area he is from those are the two teams they would gravitate to. Whenever WWE hit Boston it is said to be Cena's home patch. I'm not saying it's anything important just that i doubt it will do him any favours in that demographic which has already taken a dislike of him and who are also from Massachusetts as a whole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

American sports teams are all franchises so they're not technically "local" teams. It's fairly common for people to support teams from different parts of the country, for example the Raiders NFL team began in Oakland, moved to LA and then back to Oakland, not the biggest move but that's just an example of it, i'd imagine the majority of fans still support the team though.

The Boston teams are institutions which have never left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

yeah, just saying you can see how people don't always support the teams near them....

..I can see where you're coming from OP but i don't think there's the same attitude towards "local" teams as over here so i can't see it doing him too much harm.

Advertisement