Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So who is getting Street Fighter 4 PC?

• 18-05-2009 12:42am
    Moderators Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

So as the thread title suggest who here intends to purchase the PC version on July 3rd.

I'm hoping some of the decent Xbox players do as it will allow me to play them, but anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,738 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I would, but first I'll have to upgrade my laptop (only 128mb VRAM :()

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Ah, I think it would be a bit much for me. Xbox version is alright for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I'd only be buying it to play with a couple of people, so probably not...might get my hands on a copy though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Me. I've been so patient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Snacks

Just in case anyone is wondering what the recommened specs are and hasnt already seen this;

http://kotaku.com/5256610/street-fighter-iv-hyper-turbo-pc-specs

• Advertisement

SFIV "Hyper Turbo"? What are the PC guys getting over us console guys then? Better not be new characters!

Leprekaun wrote: »
    SFIV "Hyper Turbo"? What are the PC guys getting over us console guys then? Better not be new characters!
    That title's just Kotaku being scrubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

I'm getting this too, pity they don't bundle HD Remix with it

• Moderators Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Azza

PC version is getting nothing major over the consoles versions.

The only differences are that it can run at higher resolutions than the the consoles or arcade.

As it stand the Xbox 360 version run at 1280x720 (720p) with upscaling support to 1920x1080.

PS3 version runs at the same resolution in game (720p) but during the closes up's of characters it drops the resolution 1280x630. It does not support upscaling.

The Xbox 360 version also runs with 2x Anti-Aliasing (line smoothing) where as the PS3 versions runs without any Anti-Aliasing. The PS3 version is also missing a small number of shadows, refelections and light sources than the Xbox 360 version has.

Both consoles run at a locked 60 frames per second.

The PC version will support a resolution of up to at least 1920x1080/1920x1200 natively and probably 2560x1600 for those with 30" monitors, as well as ajustable aspect ratios.

It will have all the graphical features of the Xbox 360 version in terms of texture detail (which you can lower all these settings improve performance) lighting sources, shadows, reflections etc.

It also allow much higher levels of Anti-Aliasing (2x, 4x, 6x, 8x, 16x, 32x) depending on how powerful your PC rig is.

The PC version will also have the Championship patch DLC included on the disc.

The only thing exclusive to the PC is 3 different and optional graphics filters that give the game a slightly different look as seen here.
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pc-filters-street-fighter/49205

Might possibly have some PC exclusive achievements. Otherwise content is exact same as on the consoles.

Championship patch DLC? What does that include? I don't have broadband so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Even though I bought a ps3 just to play SFIV, I'll be getting it on the PC too.

If most of your SFIV gaming is going to be online, PC version will be the definitive version to get, simply cause online gaming is always better on it.

Sure the net code is the same, but that net code being used PC to PC versus console to console makes a difference.

Every damn time I get the mystical 'unable to connect' I look forward to the PC version. Every time I want to communicate with the guy I'm playing with out having to use a system equivalent of e-mailing them, I look forward to the PC version.

I also look forward to more advanced button mapping abilities. For example, I want to use right stick up as PPP and right stick down as KKK on the ps3 pad, so I don't have to use my left hand for inputs and timing of a special.

The ps3 version'll be handy for when I've my mates down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

For anyone thinking the anti-aliasing will make a huge difference for the PC. ATIs new line of extremely popular cards lock AA at x4. Just so yas know..

I was never a fan of fighting games, reactions aint fast enough :rolleyes:

The Championship mode is an new online mode, which includes different points-scoring systems & double-blind selection.

Also AFAIK a *tiny* number of moves were tweaked.

For anyone thinking the anti-aliasing will make a huge difference for the PC. ATIs new line of extremely popular cards lock AA at x4. Just so yas know..

I was never a fan of fighting games, reactions aint fast enough :rolleyes:

:confused:

eh? Prob wont need AA since we can actually run the game at high resolutions. Hell I rarely see any need for much aa when I'm running at 1680x1050.

No AA on a high res image makes for a worse image. AA renders an image at 2/4/8/16 times the resolution you are using, then compresses the image back down to your resolution. Thus making for smoother lines etc.

The larger the image without AA the rougher "lines" will look.

In other words, AA gets rid of the jagged lines around 3d objects in-game. However if I don't see said jagged lines, I don't bother with AA.

I usually see a lot less jagged lines the higher the resolution.

Example, run a game at 800x600 and then run it at 1680x1050 and tell me then if you see more or less jagged lines.

I usually see more at higher res >.<

Agree to disagree I suppose, I'll probably end up buying SFIV, playing online for a few hours, then throwing the game to the floor in disgust at how bad I am compared to other people..

EDIT: If I were to run a game at 800x600 as a native res on some CRT or tiny screen then I would see less lines. 8x6 or 1680x1050 on the same sized screen would obviously show more rough lines on the higher resolution. That would be down to the size of the screen or the pixel density of it though.

Edit again: My heads starting to hurt, not sure if the above statement makes sense to anyone other then me.. curse you graveyard shift!

StopNotWorking which ATI cards do you refer too that have a 4xAA limit.

I have a 4870 card and I know that it supports 8xAA and I know the 4890's do too. Up till recently ATI card usually only supported up to 6xAA, but I can't imagine them limiting newer cards to just 4xAA, that would hand Nvidia a considerable advantage.

The Chamionship Mode DLC introduced a new online mode.
    The mode introduced double blind selection so you don't know what character your fighting against, so no one can counter pick.

There is 5 grades in championship mode.
    Free is 4 round tournament open to all players.
    G3 is a 3 round tournament open to all players with a grade of G3E-G3A
    G2 is a 4 round tournament open to all players with a grade of G2E-G2A
    G1 is a 5 round tournament open to all players with a grade of G1E-G1A
    SG (Super Grade) 5 round tournament open to all players with a grade of SG3E-SG3A

Particiapating in this championship gives you grade points, the higher the grade points the higher the grade of tournament your allowed enter. The grade points are got by the number of championship points you win in a tournament. Championship points are determined by the current grade points of the player you are playing against, combined with the current grade points of any player he beat in the tournament.

It also included two minor stealth changes.

Zangief's lariat hitbox was changed slightly. I think it allows some of the console charactets to aovid it by ducking or at least allows some characters to attack with a sweep more easily.

Fei-Longs Chicken Wing move was given an increased start which removed his ability to do an infinite combo. The move was given better invincibility make it easiar for it to get over fireballs.

I heard anything on the 48xx series limits it.. maybe I'm mistaken, could of easily been the 4770 cards..

I have a 4850x2 and I dont see the point in going above 4xAA, but for the games I've wanted to turn it up it was not possible(CoD4/UT3)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Davey909

Think I'm gonna get this to play on my laptop when I'm at the missus's house. Looking at spec's it should handle it ok i think. It's only £18 sterling to pre-order off amazon too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

question about PC versions of Street Fighter. What's stopping people from just using an application to create macros for combos? I mean I know there are macro applications that record button presses and the timing between them, what's stopping people from exploiting this on the PC?

Same thing that stops people using turbo pads on the consoles :p

Nah actually if I remember correctly there was a macro detection system of some sort even on 2df as well as a turbo detection. But even if not, I doubt if those kinda of macros would even work.

Btw if you have a ps3 pad you should give 3rd strike a shot on 2df sometime, try out 3s akuma against people online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Getting it myself.

Have a couple of mates who were waiting for PC version as they have no console, and a few more PS3 player's who I can't play against atm who are getting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Indeed although I was tempted to buy a console I have held off. Looking forward to picking up the pc version on release.

Looking foward to playing both of you when its out. I hear The Witch is also getting it, so I'm looking foward to fighting him online too :D

BIIIISON!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

I saw madcatz fightsticks for the xbox in stock on amazon for 70quid last night. Did you say the other day this would work on pc jim as they have to under windows live etc?

Does the ps3 version work also?

I might get it in advance if they are available.

Any 360 stick or ps3 stick should work for PC afaik.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Any 360 stick or ps3 stick should work for PC afaik.
    Correct! Its Games for Windows so they have to make any 360 controller/stick compatable. But I think you'll even be able to use the PS3 stick as well.

• Advertisement

Even if it wasn't Games for Windows, it's easy to make pretty much any USB stick work on windows using programs like Joy2Key or Xpadder, though this won't be necessary for SF4.

Advertisement