Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can i return item in Tesco (Ireland) if bought in Northern Ireland?

Options
  • 18-05-2009 2:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hi there,

I bought a headset in Tesco up in Northern Ireland last week but they turned out to be the wrong ones. I was just visiting there and am now back home in cork. I'm just wondering if anyone knows if i can return them in Tesco down here?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

dunno to be honest. Give it a shot sure. Worse they do is say no.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Worth remembering that neither the North or South stores don't legally have to accept the item back, not their fault you bought the wrong item

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I worked for a cross border company a while back and they did.

However in addition to what is mentioned above, if they do agree to take it back they don't have to give you an exact refund of what it's worth in the Republic. They will give you the northern price.

Something worth noting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Given that Tesco have a poor reputation for taking actually faulty goods back, in the store in which they were bought, I'd say you're completely out of luck on this one. Tesco are, to my knowledge, very bad at dealing with returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭jos22

foxy_j wrote: »
    Hi there,

I bought a headset in Tesco up in Northern Ireland last week but they turned out to be the wrong ones. I was just visiting there and am now back home in cork. I'm just wondering if anyone knows if i can return them in Tesco down here?
    Thanks

HMV did before i got something from their Uk store and it was faulty.
    the girl did a direct exchange for the same product in store in ireland and got some change back to make up the sterling/pound difference.

but Tesco do suck for returns had to argue for 20 mins at customer service before when I got a dual disk dvd which had 2 disk 1 and no disk 2.
    had it 3 days before i opened it and she was complaining that i did bring it back the day I got it. and this was one of the managers I was dealing with. never bought from then since now shop in Dunnes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

If item is as you bought it, you have the receipt and it is an item stocked in Ireland then I can't see why not.

Advertisement