Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landfill in Waterford? howd they get away with that?

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Well we all know about RADON i presume, Its a naturally occuring gas in the ground and Ireland is one of the highest areas with RADON, New houses that were built had a Radon barrier a sheet of RED insulation that is suppose to prevent the gas. And as far as im concerned a plastic sheeting isnt really going to stop a couple of tonnes of waste seaping out, look at all the corner cutting in our government, they cut schools they cut guards they cut you name it and if someone says gee we need ten million to contain that waste properly mr cowen what do you think hed say???

In theory its easy to contain this in theory but we all know it doesnt just work in theory and plastic sheetin and burning gas isnt going to completely stop all hazardous materials escaping into the land.

Any again buying a house youd be put off waking up in the morning yawning stretching greeting the sun as it shines in your window and a great big landfill, youd just go eh dont think ill take that big gulp of fresh air!

This is why people think you are a troll. Despite the fact that this is a professional work and is no average plastic sheeting - you refuse to believe that it actually does what its made to do. Despite research into it, you refuse to believe it and go into a conspiracy theory about how its a cut back from the government. Cut backs which were only recently implemented and a dump that has been sealed in the high times we saw in this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

mike65 wrote: »
    What are you on about? Where is the link to Creosote having been found in Waterford landfill.

Oh found it click first link for the horrid truth
    Fire Department of Waterford Michigan :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

My first link is an old Boards thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=42480

Michigan fire dept is third. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 olivedelicious

mike65 wrote: »
    My first link is an old Boards thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=42480

Michigan fire dept is third. :D
    That quote came from a thread by a poster on here, your all defending your precious DUMP to the hilt eh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 olivedelicious

Sully wrote: »
    This is why people think you are a troll. Despite the fact that this is a professional work and is no average plastic sheeting - you refuse to believe that it actually does what its made to do. Despite research into it, you refuse to believe it and go into a conspiracy theory about how its a cut back from the government. Cut backs which were only recently implemented and a dump that has been sealed in the high times we saw in this country.

Ha ha ha done to the highest standards? ha ha ha, this government never did anything to the highest standards. As youve all said this landfill has been here for many many years and im sure at the start they just dug a hole and didnt put anything on the base. That land is gone it will be bad for 100's of years and toxic leaks will be commmon place, you think they will be able to contain contamination on a dump of that scale? no way jose, and its going to polute its surrounding evirons rivers streams etc, i have to laugh you all saying that epa are monitoring the water what about the motorbike that was dumped in my local river do you think they monitor that? you all believe the tripe that your told by government and EPA?

Havent we learned anything from all the scandals in our government and all the lies they told us.

We came from the land and we'll go back to the... oh wait its poluted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Ha ha ha done to the highest standards? ha ha ha, this government never did anything to the highest standards. As youve all said this landfill has been here for many many years and im sure at the start they just dug a hole and didnt put anything on the base. That land is gone it will be bad for 100's of years and toxic leaks will be commmon place, you think they will be able to contain contamination on a dump of that scale? no way jose, and its going to polute its surrounding evirons rivers streams etc, i have to laugh you all saying that epa are monitoring the water what about the motorbike that was dumped in my local river do you think they monitor that? you all believe the tripe that your told by government and EPA?

Havent we learned anything from all the scandals in our government and all the lies they told us.

I'm guessing most of the dumps around the country are the same. As Sully has pointed out, adequate measures have been taken and continue to be taken. You've been given answers to all of your questions. What more do you want?

If you search back on the Waterford forum, you'll see that one of the lads has invented a time machine. I suggest you borrow it and go back a few decades to put a stop to this nasty dump before it kills us all :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

olivedelicious is best viewed as a weirdo troll I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

NEWS FLASH all dumps in the world are toxic!!!
    Everyone would love a utopia city toxic free but it ain't gonna happen. All we can do is our best and work with the now. Unfortunately the Dump was created before our time and we have to deal with it.
    So what is your alternative "solution" to deal with the old city dump?

Don't think we said EPA are monitoring water. But the City Council do. If you have concerns about your water get them to test your water, they will do it for free.
    Yes the EPA do monitor the dump.

Ring the Environment Dept in Waterford city to find out more info.

If you have a problem with the government use your vote and get in another party or even better help canvass for your favourite party you want in power.

I have travelled a good bit and waterford is not as dirty as you think. Take a trip to say India, it is an eye opener!!!

btw, we don't have the EPA monitoring the bike dumped in your local river, we have you doing that for us, thanks. :p
    If you really want the Bike removed you would ring the City Council or County Council and let them know where it is and tell them you are concerned it will pollute, they should get it removed. But unfortunately they don't have magically powers to know where this is, they may need a phone call to give them a hint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

oooooh someones a grumpy gus whats your problem? you been checkin out my histroy eh to see if im someone else? how sad is that!

Didnt know i had to appease posters on here before i get to post, you dont like it just dont respond!

you sound really childish. REALLY, grow up!!

that landfill site has been there forever, those estates have been built AROUND it.

Advertisement