Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow down?

• 18-05-2009 10:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭

I'm experiencing very slow access to Boards today. Is it just me?
    No problems with other sites.
    Post edited by Shield on

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No, it's happening to me too.

Chop chop Ross :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Me three

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

There was a slow down for 10 minutes (around the time of this post) this morning while I ran some post stats (see below). Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

http://www.johnbreslin.com/blog/2009/05/18/growth-of-boardsie-users-posts-threads-continues/

The good news is that this will not be done again until summer 2011.

J.
    --

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

Cloud wrote: »
    There was a slow down for 10 minutes (around the time of this post) this morning while I ran some post stats (see below). Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

http://www.johnbreslin.com/blog/2009/05/18/growth-of-boardsie-users-posts-threads-continues/

The good news is that this will not be done again until summer 2011.

J.
    --
    It'd be really sweet if you'd let me / Conor know about it before you do these things.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Ross wrote: »
    It'd be really sweet if you'd let me / Conor know about it before you do these things.

Tut tut Daddy Cloud.
    Did you forget about the Boards.ie employees pulling their hair out in the office?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

Both Ross and I have plenty of hair, don't worry. :)

The database load is spiking up and down at the moment, so whether or not you see slowness is a bit of a case of pot luck. We're looking into it.

eVeNtInE wrote: »

That's back up now.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I've had icons not appearing all day for me. Must be the rain I guess.

5starpool wrote: »
    I've had icons not appearing all day for me. Must be the rain I guess.

Are you using a non-default skin?

I'm looking at it now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Normally I don't notice so much, especially when I'm typing out my usual long winded posts, but yep it's slower than a rohypnoled snail in molasses for me too.

Load on the DB is coming back down. Should speed up for ye. I'll keep an eye on it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Well it may just be me, but it's now zipping along normally. Kudos to Conor. I've usually been thanking Ross for all and sundry, but lets face it he's an awful bollix, so now I have a new hero.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Took you long enough Conor.... these notions of 9-5 work that you seem to have ... ;):D

Wibbs wrote: »
    Well it may just be me, but it's now zipping along normally. Kudos to Conor. I've usually been thanking Ross for all and sundry, but lets face it he's an awful bollix, so now I have a new hero.:D

Eh, I wouldn't get too excited, I only looked at it. Before I could figure out what was wrong, the load came down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Conor wrote: »
    I'm looking at it now.

*looks at clock*

Christ, that Dev fella's a right slave-driver :P

orestes wrote: »
    *looks at clock*

Christ, that Dev fella's a right slave-driver :P

Don't worry, I'm at home in front of the telly. :)

Well its gone slow again for me, so Ross is back in the "he's so dreamy" good books. I'm soooo fickle....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Crawling along for me.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Wibbs wrote: »
    Well its gone slow again for me, so Ross is back in the "he's so dreamy" good books. I'm soooo fickle....
    *Fixes*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Very slow atm.

I feel all nostalgic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

A lot of double posts with the quick reply function :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

CuLT wrote: »
    *Fixes*

*works*

I guess ye'll have to keep worshipping according to the CuLT of Ross. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Seems to go in cycles, one minute it's like waiting for a bus, a few minutes later it's at grand prix speed, and then it reverts again ...