Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sensor Lights Keep Activating

Options
  • 18-05-2009 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Seem to be having a problem with the sensor lights at the front of the house these past few nights. Bloody thing keeps activating and turning all the lights on!
    There is nobody around or any animals etc that could be setting it off - I have been looking out the window at the sensor to make sure. I have tried to change around the settings and now have the timer on the lowest time setting so it only stays on for 3 - 4 seconds and also the other dial turned as far to nighttime as possible - which I presume it so it wont come on during the day.

I do have a switch in the hall which can turn on the front lights and off - but do not seem to have a switch to turn off the sensor itself. I have even tried tilting it into the wall and still it goes off at night and wakes us up! :mad:

Any ideas what I could do to stop this from happening or what might be causing it?

I have attached a photo of the sensor in case that helps :) (although a fairly crappy photo)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

what make is it, looks like a Steinel, they are a good make. Was it working before and just started acting up recently? how many lights does it control and what wattage are they?
    sometimes car headlights can set these off but the steinel have a filter for this

Have you tried covering it up at night to see if it is still switching on?

If it was working and has gone faulty it's not a big deal to change them, but if there is something setting it off you'll have the same issue, have you checked to see if the angle of coverage is too wide? its easy to narrow the coverage, might be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

Is it facing into any trees? Movement due to wind etc. can cause pirs to trigger.

Advertisement