Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf, help/advice required please

• 18-05-2009 10:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi, I have recently taken up golf and am at the stage where I feel ready, after lessons, driving range and pitch and putt, to actually go out on a course. However none of my friends are golfers and I was wondering if there is such a thing as a group or place to go where you could meet people who play. Any help would be appreciated or if there is anyone out there who would like a beginner playing partner? I am not a member of a club, I have been trying to avoid the cost for the time being.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

As Williamstown is a pay & play course perhaps you could venture there! Give them a call and I'm sure that they could tell you when there might be a lady's day (assuming from your handle!) or when there are a lot of beginners playing!

The other option might be to get in touch with one of the pros and ask him/her for an on course playing lesson. If you are looking for a lady professional I can recommend Suzy O Brien in Tramore - otherwise any of the club pros would do that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Pardon the pun, I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. I normally use Williamstown as it's the closest to me. Just need to get my drivers back and I'll be out on the course as much as I can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Lady Bruges

Thanks for the help, Williamstown is close to me, will enquire there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Interestingview

Hi, I have recently taken up golf and am at the stage where I feel ready, after lessons, driving range and pitch and putt, to actually go out on a course. However none of my friends are golfers and I was wondering if there is such a thing as a group or place to go where you could meet people who play. Any help would be appreciated or if there is anyone out there who would like a beginner playing partner? I am not a member of a club, I have been trying to avoid the cost for the time being.

What days and times suit you to play golf?
    I am a member of a golf course and can play but havent for ages due to
    a back problem.
    As a member I can get a reduced rate for guests which might work out well for you.

pop me a message to let me know what would suit you.

Advertisement