Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollyoaks [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

doovdela wrote: »
    Ya I think paul is doing that alright. I say she is pregnant though and no one knows for sure yet or was that just cause he switched files? What explain her actual symptoms after new year'?!

The truth come out about sinead and rhys baby. Sorry to see Brendan go.
    When is Dylan going to show the truth about the crash?

I noticed that about Sienna.

I reckon around the time that Esther is going to do something, everyone (Ruby, Sinead, George, etc), will pretend they were all besties and that they had no idea she was so low. Then possibly at a big service or something for Esther (whether she survives or not, left in a coma, etc), Dylan will reveal all, a lá Cruel Intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,197 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What a change in the character of Will, he is turning into some b*stard :mad:

Does Leanne not know John Paul is gay :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

We all seen this Coming!
    Hollyoaks': Esther's bullying plot to take tragic turn :(
    Hollyoaks' ongoing teen bullying storyline will take a tragic turn later this month as college student Esther Bloom makes a suicide attempt, Digital Spy can reveal.

Show bosses have worked closely with the BeatBullying and Samaritans charities while planning the story development, which follows months of torment for the troubled sixth former.

Esther has been bullied by her peers since last summer, when she began to be targeted with a variety of harsh comments, jokes and pranks, with 'queen bee' Maddie Morrison (Scarlett Bowman) as the ringleader.

The mistreatment, which has taken place both at college and online, has intensified in recent weeks with Sinead O'Connor (Stephanie Davis) and Ruby Button (Anna Shaffer) unfairly blaming Esther for the recent mini-bus crash which killed Maddie, Jono and Neil.

Upcoming Hollyoaks episodes will see the bullying become even more malicious and relentless. Esther then reaches breaking point without the support of her family, who are oblivious to her desperate situation.

Failing to seek help, Esther makes the devastating and unnecessary decision to end her life. Her suicide attempt is non-fatal, but will have significant consequences for her health and relationships with her loved ones.

By working alongside Samaritans, the Hollyoaks story team are aiming for a sensitive and responsible approach to the issue, following the charity's comprehensive Media Guidelines which advise on how to safely portray suicide and self-harm.

Sal Lalji, Press and PR Manager at Samaritans, commented: "Young people can be a vulnerable audience as they are more likely to be influenced by what they see in the media, and this subject matter is very relevant to them.

"We are pleased to see that Hollyoaks has worked hard to ensure that the storyline has been handled as responsibly as possible to try to limit the risk of copycat behaviour.

"It is important that these issues are tackled responsibly to help people understand the potential consequences of not sharing their problems and that help is, in fact, available."

Jazmine Franks, who plays Esther, added: "It has been a huge privilege to take on the challenge of this storyline. As an actress I have been given the most powerful, emotional and challenging scenes to perform, but also as a young woman I feel extremely lucky to have been given the opportunity to meet and work with some truly inspirational young people through BeatBullying.

"Hearing the stories of young people experiencing similar difficulties to Esther has been both shocking and saddening, but hearing how they have turned their lives around is truly inspirational. I am really proud of this story and hope that it is well received by the audience.

"I can't stress enough how important it is for anyone affected by the issues raised to seek help and support from BeatBullying, Samaritans or any of the hundreds of support networks available."

Meanwhile, Hollyoaks' executive producer Bryan Kirkwood said: "I am really proud of this story and how it realistically approaches bullying, which is so relevant to our audience.

"We have seen the 'teasing' progressively worsen to a serious case of bullying that leaves a once confident and self-assured young woman in a very lonely and desperate situation."

The show's work with BeatBullying and C4 Education has also recently seen the launch of DocYou, a fictional social networking site that aimed to address the issues of cyber bullying. Additionally, cast members have been involved in BeatBullying's Cyber Mentor Training scheme.

Hollyoaks airs Esther's attempted suicide on Monday, January 21 at 6.30pm on Channel 4.

I reading the spoiler for that week
    So it sounds like Sinead and Ruby deny any influence. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: [IMG][/img]smiley-angry021.gif

But Tilly the ones who might exposed them in the end! (Why Have we not seen much of her year since the crash? ) was she in often before the crash?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What a change in the character of Will, he is turning into some b*stard :mad:

Does Leanne not know John Paul is gay :p

Not yet, Theresa failed to tell Leanne he is. Leanne thinks she met the man of her dreams!

Ya noticed that will has changed a lot thought he were nice person. Doger is nicer in comparison. Will it be all plain sailing for him and texas?

You'd wonder how jenny hasn't tried to help ester more? Hope frankie and Jack, Darren, Nancy, Mitz and maxine will see for what ruby really is!

Since the crash there has been no sign of George or Tilly which is weird :confused:

Dodger gets with
    Theresa

• Advertisement

Since the crash there has been no sign of George or Tilly which is weird :confused:
    Dodger gets with
    Theresa

I think they are better suited!?:)

[/SPOILER]

I think they are better suited!?:)

I really like Texas with Dodger and hate Theresa she is a god damn awful character imo

Can someone catch me up on the whole Jen and Tilly Story line, When did that start?

Dose anyone know about before today?

I must they, they have done a fantastic job with Esther's bullying storyline. Stellar acting all round. Never have I felt more compelled to hug a character and punch others than Esther and Ruby and Sinead respectively.

Poor Esther :(

I just hope the writers reach the proper conclusion and don't just have a few scenes of Ruby and Sinead crying and being ostracised and shouted at then a few weeks later they're all bezzies again

I hope Jack and Frankie kick Ruby out and she f*cks off to Spain

Tilly or Jen should bloody tell Frankie and Diane

• Advertisement

I reckon it will end up with Esther moving to London to work at the magazine she did the internship with, eventually. Would love a lovely final scene where she looks back and sees her tormentors stuck in their pathetic little ruts, Sinead with her baby, Ruby possibly back in Spain, or maybe still with Frankie and co. but completely ostracised and haunted by her past.

I also want an entire episode of Frankie grovelling to Esther for forgiveness when the truth comes out.
    Jesus Christ, Esther goes missing for a night, has cleared out her entire room, clearly looks like crap, and she immediately starts screaming at her for being selfish and not helping Tom with his homework. :eyeroll:
    And don't get me started on Jen completely overlooking the 17 year old girl who she knows has a history of being bullied and being outcast, sitting on her own, in the dark, clutching a half empty bottle of vodka, looking like she'd been crying. No getting into the knickers of her 16 year old student.

2 annoying moments, but unfortunately in reality sometimes things aren't as clear-cut as we think. As the saying goes, everyone has 20:20 vision in hindsight.

I would love to see charges pressed against Ruby and Sinead if that is possible

George and Phoebe tell the head teacher that Ruby and Sinead were bullying Esther but he dont believe them :mad:

I always thought that be the way that it happen that ester leave hollyoaks run away to london in search of work in the fashion industry. She be better off. Somehow don't know if that it pan out like that?

I would love to see charges pressed against Ruby and Sinead if that is possible

George and Phoebe tell the head teacher that Ruby and Sinead were bullying Esther but he dont believe them :mad:

Here's an idea: Take Ruby and Sinead and turn it into another "public trial". Like Gilly's trial a couple of years ago. Ask around for volunteers, this could be anyone from teens in schools around the UK (who have been bullied, or possibly some who did bully in the past), health care professionals, etc and they would become the "jury". And it plays out that way.

Would be interesting to see how that would play out. Could either be horribly insensitive, or it could be a work of genius.

Giving the way she is behaving I wouldnt put it past Ruby to try and finish Esther off now

Good rating last Night for both shows 6:30 1.45m (6.1%)
    7pm E4 1.24m (5.2%)

Some good news about the bully story line as the end is in sight!
    Relief all round for viewers who want Esther's bullies to get their comeuppance - magazine reports have revealed that the week beginning Monday, February 4 will be a big one as Ruby and Sinead's guilt is revealed.

Ruby has been tipped to face "grave danger" herself in the episodes, but will there be justice for Esther?

It been nice to see Ruby get killed however I think that would be cop out ending, I would like see her being reject by everyone, Home less and she can rot in the street, where she belongs.

I want Sinead also to get her comeuppance especially to see Diane's face when all is revealed that her precious Sinead slept with a married man Rhys and got knocked up by him and is a bully, both Sinead and Ruby deserve to be punished :mad:

Fans of Holly oaks should vote it for Hollyoaks National Television Awards
    As it been the best soap!

Would love to see faces of Corrie and Enders cast will be WHAT THE BEEP!

http://www.nationaltvawards.com/

Hmmm grave danger. Could that be at the hands of Phoebe or Silas?

Or is Ruby going to end up on the streets and/or running away out of shame/embarrassment/anger/fear?

Hmmm grave danger. Could that be at the hands of Phoebe or Silas?

Or is Ruby going to end up on the streets and/or running away out of shame/embarrassment/anger/fear?

Ruby dies and Esther gets her liver :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

I may start watching again just to see Ruby suffer stopped watching because of that bint months ago

Those docs are bit creepy?
    Finally the truth is slowly coming to a head and ester finally said something and george and phoebe are the only ones that seem to support ester in all of this. You wonder how things will unfold for her and for anyone else involved.

Those docs are bit creepy?
    Finally the truth is slowly coming to a head and ester finally said something and george and phoebe are the only ones that seem to support ester in all of this. You wonder how things will unfold for her and for anyone else involved.
    Phoebe gets suspended for bullying Sinead and Ruby to fess up and Tilly gets
    suspended or expelled for harassing Jen

:mad:

But then
    Diane makes a shocking discovery
    which could be
    walking in on a conversation/taunt, or maybe hearing or seeing a video or recording that implicates Sinead and/or ruby

Who that person at end of the episode by the window ? e4 show

Hollyoaks glamour girl Mitzeee Minniver will discover that she is expecting a
    baby next month, Digital Spy can confirm.

The storyline begins in early
    February when Mitzeee and her sister Maxine suspect that they could both be
    pregnant by the same man following their recent encounters with stripper
    Tyson.

When the pair take pregnancy tests, only one of them turns out to
    be positive - and viewers soon discover that Mitzeee is the
    mother-to-be.

The shocks don't end there as Mitzeee later learns that her
    initial suspicions were wrong - the father is a different man as another
    surprising discovery proves that Tyson can't be the dad.

Mitzeee's
    pregnancy builds up to her departure from the show as actress Rachel Shenton
    recently announced that she had decided to leave the role.

The popular
    character's exit story sees her agree to help Carl Costello avenge the death of
    his son Riley - the love of Mitzeee's life - by plotting against rogue
    undercover cop Walker.

Show bosses have kept tight-lipped over whether
    there is a happy ending in store for Mitzeee or if Carl's scheme will leave her
    in danger.

If Riley were the dad she'd be showing by now surely :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Tindie wrote: »
    Who that person at end of the episode by the window ? e4 show
    Walker

Scary thought something happened to him?

One theory doing the rounds for Brendan's exit
    is Ste kills Walker and Brendan takes the blame and goes to prison

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Jimbo330

Ruby dies and Esther gets her liver tongue.png

Spoiler:
    She is murdered by Simon Walker who reveals that he was responsible for the crash, he actually tampered with the car in hope that it would have killed Brendan.

Advertisement