Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollyoaks [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,203 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

My gawd. The new credits are terrible!

I agree

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

The only one I kind of liked was Jasmine's. Mainly because I kind of like her gender dysmorphia storyline.

I just liked the sort of "morph". As cheesy as it was. :o

Everything else was a naff, drug addled M&S advert.

I wish Brendan would get rid of that stupid moustache

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I wish Brendan would get rid of that stupid moustache

:eek:
    You don't like the moustache?

I keep expecting him to tear it off.

• Advertisement

I quite like the new credits - shame half the cast are missing from it though...

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

There just putting the younger ones in it. I would guess maybe the reason some aren't in it because they could be leaving hollyoaks. There was a spoiler put up here a while back saying Dom was leaving and his not on the credits. Also is it my eyes or is Rae in the credits? I thought she left.
    and where's Seth & Jemma?

Kieron Richardson has come out as gay in an interview with ITV's This Morning.

The Hollyoaks actor, who also appeared on Dancing On Ice, divulged his sexuality to Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby.

Richardson also revealed that his character Ste would be involved in a plot in which he would question his feelings for Brendan Brady (Emmett Scanlan)

The soap confirmed that the plot would see the pair form an "unusual friendship" as Ste becomes captivated by the bad boy.

The pair kiss on a night out but a disgusted Brendan then rejects Ste, who later admits that he has been attracted to another male before when he spent time in a young offenders' institute.

However, the long-term storyline is set to take a shocking twist when Brendan beats Ste up badly, marking the beginning of a turbulent and troubled relationship.

Hollyoaks series producer Paul Marquess said: "This is a long running storyline and while it is dark to begin with, the lessons that Ste learns are ultimately positive and life affirming.

"This story is about not being afraid to be who you are and while this is something Brendan struggles with, Ste is refreshingly accepting of his feelings towards another man," he continued. "I hope viewers will be glued throughout the twists and turns as we unravel how Brendan came to be the twisted person we have been watching on screen."

Richardson admitted that he was "shocked" to learn about the storyline but added that he was honoured to be given the plot.

He added: "Having understood the long-term storyline I am honoured and very excited to have been given this challenge. Brendan is a dangerous character and it will be interesting to see how Ste copes when he himself is the victim of domestic violence.”

Scanlan confessed that he is glad that Brendan is a becoming "a complex character" and "not a gratuitous soap villain, but a multi-layered character with depth, a troubled past and an unsure future".

He continued: "I hope that as the storyline develops, viewers will be able to understand why Brendan has become the villain they see today. Brendan is compelled to manipulate and control everyone who crosses his path. At the moment this makes him dangerous but when we identify why he behaves this way, we will discover his vulnerabilities and this is exciting..."

The scenes will air later next month.

Interesting...

And fair play to Kieron for coming out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

It's an interesting twist. Ste beat up Amy while together and now the tables have turned.
    I can't wait but unfortunately i'll have to watch Brendan all the time. He really needs to do something about that moustache

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

I really did not see that Ste & Brendan storyline coming! They're the last two people I'd have thought would be sharing a kiss..
    I'm loving these new storylines though:)
    I did wonder also why a lot of the cast, the ones not leaving, weren't in the credits and why Mitzeee is at the end..I thought she'd done her bit but she must be sticking around.

Darren Day has joined the cast of Hollyoaks, it has been confirmed.

The West End star will play bad boy Danny Houston, the best friend of Brendan Brady (Emmet Scanlan). Danny is also Cheryl Brady's (Bronagh Waugh) silent partner in Chez Chez.

However, Cheryl quickly realises that Danny is not someone she wants to be in business with as his arrival causes trouble for the residents of the Channel 4 soap. He takes a shine to Jacqui McQueen (Claire Cooper), leaving Rhys Asworth (Andy Moss) - but also playing with fire as Jacqui is dating Brendan. The McQueen soon finds herself embroiled in Danny and Brendan's shady world.

Day said: "I've really enjoyed filming with Hollyoaks and I'm excited about coming back. Danny is the type of character any actor would kill to play and the part has been made even better as I'm working with great talent such as Claire, Emmett and Bronagh."

He added: "I've been a fan of the show for some time and this is a very exciting time with the show’s recent reinvention. I’m delighted to join the cast.”

Day will make his brief debut on screen in the second week of October, ahead of a shocking return later in the year.

Speaking of Day's casting, Hollyoaks series producer Paul Marquess said: "Danny Houston is a dangerous but very charming character who makes an aggressive impact in his first episodes.

"Darren plays the part brilliantly and I’m delighted that we're able to bring him back later this year," he added.

Rhys and Jackie breaking up already! NOOOOOOOO!
    They're great together.

Rhys and Jackie breaking up already! NOOOOOOOO!
    They're great together.

She seems to be Brendan also I thought he was Carmel's new man :confused:

Jacqui works best with Tony imo

I though Jacqui was meant to be really weary of Brendan.

Any scene with either her and Carmel or her and Brendan is just her telling either of them that she doesn't trust them.

According to her twitter Sarah Jayne Dunn (Mandy) will be in a few episodes of Hollyoaks next month
    she must be back for Steph's funeral and to take Tom
    :(

So when will Mandy's funeral be after that?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    According to her twitter Sarah Jayne Dunn (Mandy) will be in a few episodes of Hollyoaks next month
    she must be back for Steph's funeral and to take Tom
    :(
    Tom won't be leaving... He Can't!... Best character in the show... Plus, due to the fact he's in the new credits and all the other people who are leaving aren't, I imagine he'll be sticking around...

Yes I think
    Jack and Frankie will keep him

Hollyoaks has announced that it has teamed up with Channel 4 Education's Battlefront series to tackle a dramatic underage sex plot.

The storyline will see 12-year-olds Amber Sharpe (Lydia Lloyd Henry) and Finn O'Connor (Connor Wilkinson) turn to each other as they face difficult home situations and engage in sexual activity.

Amber and Finn will be seen regretting their decision to have sex as neither enjoys the experience. However, Amber is left devastated when she discovers that she is pregnant, leaving both to deal with the life-changing consequences of their actions.

Hollyoaks series producer Paul Marquess said: "Hollyoaks has long been credited for tackling difficult issues that affect young people in a sensitive and intelligent way.

"I am very proud that we are once again bringing to the forefront a subject for our young audience that many parents, politicians and schools struggle to address. The storyline very clearly communicates to the audience that Amber and Finn were not emotionally or physically ready to engage in any sexual activity."

He added: "And make no mistake, there will be no fairytale ending for Amber; she is faced with the most difficult situation she could ever imagine."

The Battlefront project follows 12 young campaigners on a mission to tackle various youth issues. Member Abbie Louise Davies's Where Is The Love campaign to encourage youngsters not to feel pressured into having sex caught the attention of Hollyoaks producers.

A special focus group held at the Channel 4 soap's Liverpool-based studio allowed young people to discuss their thoughts and opinions on the issue with the writers and cast who shared their own personal experiences.

Lucy Willis, executive producer of Battlefront, added: "Battlefront gives young people an opportunity to run campaigns about subjects they feel passionately about.

"Abbie Louise’s campaign Where Is The Love tackles an incredibly important issue which affects many young people today, who feel huge peer pressure to have sex before they are ready, often without the help and advice of adequate sex education at school."

Amber and Finn's story will begin on screen from October 18.

• Advertisement

Alison Burrows has reprised her role as Kathleen McQueen in Hollyoaks, Digital Spy can reveal.

The actress will be back on screen later this year, when her scheming alter ego returns to the village and causes yet more trouble for her family.

Kathleen - Theresa McQueen's mother and Myra's sister - was first cast last year for the second series of Hollyoaks Later. She then moved over to the main show for a two-month stint.

Despite Theresa's constant attempts to put Kathleen on a pedestal, viewers saw the character leave in disgrace back in February after the McQueens discovered that she had been stealing money from the bank account of her deceased niece Tina.

Kathleen's latest storyline sees her make a surprise return to the village, but she's immediately caught trying to use a dodgy £50 note at the SU Bar and ends up being chased by a police officer.

Following her reappearance, it's not long until she learns one of the McQueens' darkest secrets and takes the opportunity to blackmail the family.

Kathleen's comeback scenes will air in December

Oh god, Theresa's such a dim idiot :rolleyes:

It's so bloody obvious what the "dark family secret" is.

Oh god, Theresa's such a dim idiot :rolleyes:

It's so bloody obvious what the "dark family secret" is.

She probably finds out about Theresa killing Calvin

Carmel is suppose to grass up Theresa to the police after she has the baby

I'd say Theresa will have a little heart-to-heart with her.

She'll still think she's the bee's knees.

Hollyoaks villain Warren Fox is returning to the soap in a shock storyline twist, it has been announced.

Warren - played by Jamie Lomas - was last seen on screen in May 2009, when he appeared to be killed by a falling ceiling mirror during a blazing fire which was started by Clare Devine (Gemma Bissix) at The Loft.

However, in a surprise new plotline due to air in the coming weeks, viewers will see that Warren actually managed to make it out of the burning building alive before fleeing the village, leaving his club business behind.

With The Loft now owned by Cheryl Brady (Bronagh Waugh) and Danny Houston (Darren Day) and rebranded as Chez Chez, there looks to be trouble ahead for the pair as Warren returns to Hollyoaks in a bid to reclaim what he feels is rightfully his.

Speaking of the new storyline, Hollyoaks' series producer Paul Marquess commented: "We were hopeful that Jamie's return would be the best-kept secret in soap history, but when Jamie arrived on set it proved impossible. When Warren Fox died in the Loft fire, we all thought that was the end of the dangerous gangster that terrorised the residents of Hollyoaks village.

"But when our writers made the shocking suggestion to bring back Warren in a juicy plot, it was just too irresistible to ignore as they not only made it feasible that Warren could have escaped the fire and fled the village, they created an explosive and very clever plot with lots of twists and turns that is guaranteed to have the audience hooked."

Marquess added: "When the idea was pitched to Jamie, he knew it was too good an opportunity to miss. Warren Fox was one of the soap's most memorable villains and we're very excited about his return."

Exact details of when Warren will reappear on screen are currently being kept under wraps, but it is thought that his comeback episode will air within the next few weeks.

What the-

We saw his funeral!! :confused:
    Whose body did Sasha and Calvin identify?

Christ, they'll be bringing Sarah next.

What the-

To be fair they do stuff like this all the time in soaps - you just gotta suspend your disbelief and be glad a great character is returning...

What the-

Who is Sarah?

Yes whose body was in the fire then if not Warren?

Jamie left the show to make it big in Hollywood and failed and then begged for his job back :D

Anyways I liked Warren way better than Brendan - I hope Louise returns also (her so called "dead" body was never discovered)

Sarah was Amy's sister who went splat after her psycho lesbian girlfriend tampered with her parachute.

• Advertisement

TWISTED Brendan Brady gets Ste Hay exactly where he wants him – in the bedroom.

The bully, who beat Ste for *attempting to kiss him, is set to get even darker as he wields his power over the troubled lad.

He makes sure Ste knows exactly who is in charge after they sleep together.

And there’s nothing Ste can do about it as he has no idea he’s being controlled by Brendan.

A Hollyoaks insider said: “Ste doesn’t realise how much power and control Brendan is wielding over him. He’s still coming to terms with his sexuality. Brendan is the only man he’s ever slept with so he feels a connection he’s never felt before.

“Even when Brendan beat him up he somehow managed to turn it all on Ste so he was the one that ended up apologising. And sadly, once they’ve slept together things are only going to get worse.

“This storyline is one of the darkest in the soap’s history and viewers will be shocked at the lengths Brendan goes to over the next few months.”

Advertisement