Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollyoaks [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

HiGlo wrote: »
    I concede that I'm a bit past the target age market for this show but it's just gotten ridiculously boring the last while. Totally rehashing old stories - and they're not even that old that people have forgotten, or that different characters are involved!!!! Same characters in the same loop..... FFS

I was DELIGHTED when they started doing the Maxine/Patrick domestic abuse story as it can be done very well and be very emotive (as seen in other soaps) and I've seen it portrayed really accurately elsewhere, but they just took it to a RIDICULOUS level.....

The story with Jason being anorexic/body dismorphic is another which could be done very well and be quite topical with the teenage audience, but predictably, BK will make a balls of it and make it so surreal that no one can relate any more.

I'm out. I've watched Hollyoaks since Day 1, but I can't stick with it anymore. I don't enjoy it. I spend most of the time commenting how ridiculous it is. I have no interest in any of the characters in it now. I fast forward about 60% of each episode.
    I have it on series link but I have cancelled that now.
    Sad to say, I'm done.
    BK is the worst thing that ever happened to Hollyoaks.
    and eastenders which he almost destroyed. i don't get how the same man who brought us classic characters of the likes of clare devine and stories such as hannahs anorexia has brought the show to this. what a shame. i watch in the hope it will get better (even though it most likely won't) . in some ways i actually do believe with good writing the characters could actually be good also.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,222 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Meghan (All About that Bass) looks the spit of Esther

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Meghan (All About that Bass) looks the spit of Esther

I agree

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Have to agree with some posts about the storylines of late. Not sure if Mercedes is actually dead myself but for Myra to potentially lose 2 daughters is unbelievable. The Lomax family have been through too much in a short space of time. Why can't Patrick get his comeuppance already. There's no lighthearted characters left either. Dirk and Dennis were funny but Dennis is gone and Dirk is downtrodden with the Cindy storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

KKkitty wrote: »
    Have to agree with some posts about the storylines of late. Not sure if Mercedes is actually dead myself but for Myra to potentially lose 2 daughters is unbelievable. The Lomax family have been through too much in a short space of time. Why can't Patrick get his comeuppance already. There's no lighthearted characters left either. Dirk and Dennis were funny but Dennis is gone and Dirk is downtrodden with the Cindy storyline.

If Mercedes is dead Myra would have lost three daughters and a son. That's a bit careless if you ask me:D. Hollyoaks has gotten really ridiculous of late.

• Advertisement

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    If Mercedes is dead Myra would have lost three daughters and a son. That's a bit careless if you ask me:D. Hollyoaks has gotten really ridiculous of late.

I know. Why can't they just get the familiar taxi or bus out of Chester. It seems like as soon as someone is leaving Hollyoaks their character is killed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Curlysue76 wrote: »

Yes and very strange that the other two daughters Jacqui and Michaela did not show up for the funeral or memorial service!

Yes and very strange that the other two daughters Jacqui and Michaela did not show up for the funeral or memorial service!

Jacqui cant return over Trevor I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I'd like to join Sienna in bashing Dodgers head in with a wrench. He and Maxine were quite selfish trying to leave just after the truth had been revealed to Nico and she was distraught. Dodger is a really [EMAIL="cr@p"]cr@p[/EMAIL] dad to both his kids

There is rumours
    a villain is escaping and returning, only ones it could be are Silas or Will I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

There is rumours
    a villain is escaping and returning, only ones it could be are Silas or Will I think
    Well with the "Angel Of Death" serial killer storyline coming up Silas would make sense, but on the other hand the actor who plays Will is always popping up in picture of the cast out and about at events, so it could be very possible that the plan was always to bring him back (and that could tie in with Dodger's departure)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

There is rumours

What about
    Brendan Brady
    ? Would love if it was him.

Well with the "Angel Of Death" serial killer storyline coming up Silas would make sense, but on the other hand the actor who plays Will is always popping up in picture of the cast out and about at events, so it could be very possible that the plan was always to bring him back (and that could tie in with Dodger's departure)

The actor who played Will is dating the actress who plays Theresa off screen

Ah, that explains why he's always out at cast events so...

Not anymore (I make it my business to keep on top of Jorgie Porter's relationships :pac:)

fr336 wrote: »
    Not anymore (I make it my business to keep on top of Jorgie Porter's relationships :pac:)

Oh I didn't know they broke up

I wouldn't trust the current producers with Brendan Brady, character and actor were legends but I can imagine them making him a joke if he came back right now.

fr336 wrote: »
    I wouldn't trust the current producers with Brendan Brady, character and actor were legends but I can imagine them making him a joke if he came back right now.

Doubt Brendan will be back anytime soon as Emmett Scanlan is fairly busy with other projects at the moment anyway.

Doubt Brendan will be back anytime soon as Emmett Scanlan is fairly busy with other projects at the moment anyway.

Yeah and good for him, very talented guy who seems to really care about what he's doing unlike many I could mention on HO. Seems a gent too.

If Emmett returned his OH Claire aka Jacqui McQueen could return too

Are they still together off screen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Ya he was recently in the series 'the fall' along with Sheryl his sister who played a different character in 'the fall'. I think the actor was very good as Brendan brady in Hollyoaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

If Emmett returned his OH Claire aka Jacqui McQueen could return too

Are they still together off screen?

I forgotten that...:/

Did Tony not see his hospital letter with his cancer results yet that he cant have kids

Did Tony not see his hospital letter with his cancer results yet that he cant have kids

Sinead got her hands on it didn't she? Don't think she gave it to Tony.

yawn yawn yawn boaring boaring boaring. so kirkwoods last baby swap type story line failed but instead of leaving it, he goes for it again. but instead of handling it sensitively, i suspect it will be sensationalized beyond belief and ridiculously over the top. with the way ho is these days i'm surprised canned laughter hasn't been thrown in yet.

Didn't Fraser get a dna test on Rose to prove she was his daughter so was he DeeDee's father too

KKkitty wrote: »
    Sinead got her hands on it didn't she? Don't think she gave it to Tony.

Wow what a cow

Didn't Fraser get a dna test on Rose to prove she was his daughter so was he DeeDee's father too

Never thought of that!!

Why was Ste and JP both dressed as Ginger Spice Gerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,155 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Because not once did they think to ask each other what they were dressing up as :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I wish Sinead (and Ste for that matter) could just catch a break. Hollyoaks is so depressing. Also, the rehash of the pill addiction story with Nancy is so annoying too. I used to not mind missing other soaps as long as I could watch Hollyoaks, not anymore!!

Advertisement