Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollyoaks [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I haven't watched in a couple of weeks but if Brendan and/or Warren were back I might start again.

I thought Warren was dead? No they're not back, don't think they will be anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Monife wrote: »
    I thought Warren was dead? No they're not back, don't think they will be anytime soon.

Not dead. In prison for murdering Louise

• Registered Users Posts: 86,221 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Both him and Brendan are in prison, would love a spin off or Later version about them inside

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

First time he left it looked like he had died. But he came back and is now in prison for murdering Louise.

Hollyoaks fans will meet Dylan Jenkins's mum when she pays a brief visit to the village next month.

Valerie Jenkins, played by actress Tanya Robb, decides to check up on her son after receiving news that he has been knocked down in a nasty road accident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Both him and Brendan are in prison, would love a spin off or Later version about them inside

Can you imagine, top craic :D

I really want Sam cleared of killing Fraser, why cant one of her kids demand the investigation be reopened, nearly all in Hollyoaks know Freddie is his real killer now

I don't know why Maxine stays in Hollyoaks, she has no family or friends there, she should have taken Minnie and gone after Dodger or to America to her sister Anne aka Mitzeee

I don't know why Maxine stays in Hollyoaks, she has no family or friends there, she should have taken Minnie and gone after Dodger or to America to her sister Anne aka Mitzeee

Waa the good old days :( She was great was Mitzeee. I'm peeved that Maxine is related to her. I only happened upon 'Oaks by accident in 2010 but feel I couldn't have picked a better time, some top notch fun back then ;) Or maybe I just got old? Nah it was good!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

fr336 wrote: »
    Waa the good old days :( She was great was Mitzeee. I'm peeved that Maxine is related to her. I only happened upon 'Oaks by accident in 2010 but feel I couldn't have picked a better time, some top notch fun back then ;) Or maybe I just got old? Nah it was good!

2010 was a good vintage of Hollyoaks alright, but I think 2005/2006-2008ish was really the Golden Era of Oaks. It has it's ups and downs.

2010 was a good vintage of Hollyoaks alright, but I think 2005/2006-2008ish was really the Golden Era of Oaks. It has it's ups and downs.

Yeah to be fair from what I've heard most people would agree with you. What's incredible is how the man in charge now is the same as the one then :eek: I've seen literally a few bits and pieces from that era and what I'd say is compared to then, now seems extremely immature in comparison - it felt more like your average soap with youth at its heart back then, whereas now it fails to both deliver on mature storytelling AND the youth angles. Am I right?

• Advertisement

Yeah to be fair from what I've heard most people would agree with you. What's incredible is how the man in charge now is the same as the one then :eek: I've seen literally a few bits and pieces from that era and what I'd say is compared to then, now seems extremely immature in comparison - it felt more like your average soap with youth at its heart back then, whereas now it fails to both deliver on mature storytelling AND the youth angles. Am I right?

Yeah, it's all over the place at the moment. Even this time last year it was a completely different show and much more enjoyable. I still like it, because I'm attached to the characters and even during the worst storylines it's great to see the likes of Trevor, Grace, Mercedes, Patrick, Cindy and Robbie doing their thing. I don't even mind OTT sensationalist & melodramatic storylines, but right now, they're just not working, but I'm hopeful it can come back around and redeem itself again.

I don't think it's even about Bryan Kirkwood as the EP. He's responsible for some of the shows most memorable storylines and characters, but I think he's become jaded since his return and after receiving such backlash over his stint as EP at Eastenders, he may be trying to cling on to the Hollyoaks gig for as long as possible. If he can manage to start bringing it back to the show that it once was, then it could be great again. What they really need is a fresh batch of College students, but since they turned Halls and the College Sets into the Hospital it's unlikely that will happen anytime soon.

Yeah the hospital thing is really weird, we've got not one but two BBC medical dramas who have that covered lol

Yeah the hospital thing is really weird, we've got not one but two BBC medical dramas who have that covered lol

Three BBC medical dramas actually - Doctors, Casualty & Holby City. The hospital stuff is fine to an extent, but they're missing out not having the Student Halls anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Last night's E4 episode, farcical!! The whole thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Gee_G wrote: »
    Last night's E4 episode, farcical!! The whole thing!

Jeez that Scott fella is doing my head in. Lovely shoes!!!! Ffs.

Does Esther know about Phoebe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Jeez that Scott fella is doing my head in. Lovely shoes!!!! Ffs.

How did he get an acting job??! I think he's meant to be funny but its sooooo not!

Gee_G wrote: »
    How did he get an acting job??! I think he's meant to be funny but its sooooo not!

Used to work at Coronation Street behind the scenes apparently :D

Theresa has forgotten her promise to dying Carmel, to do and be good, instead she lets Maxine lose her child to Patrick :mad:

• Advertisement

Who looks after Theresa's kids now she is minding Minnie and Patrick?

Joe should shop Freddie to the police for killing Fraser, I cant believe Freddie moved himself and Lindsey back into the Roscoe house :mad:

Yeah unfortunate, but I'm guessing they'll still be in it until November/December. And it was the actor's decision at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Yeah unfortunate, but I'm guessing they'll still be in it until November/December. And it was the actor's decision at the end of the day.

Possibly not. A lot of new characters are only on 6 month contracts so that would only take him until July. Possible victim of the Glove Hand Killer?

I wonder did he not like the cross dressing :p

I forgot Jack used to be a copper

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I cant believe this show is still going. It has become a parody of itself. Storylines are far too OTT and the character personality transplants are rediculous. Just about every character has been in hospital in the space of a year. Starting to loose a lot of viewers. Neighbours on Channel 5 is getting more viewers at this stage. Time to axe it or else get a brand new writing team and producer who actually know the characters and write proper stories for them.

Hollyoaks bosses are lining up a pregnancy storyline for Mercedes McQueen.

Jennifer Metcalfe's feisty character will soon announce that she is expecting a baby, shocking her family and sparking a juicy new summer plot for the Channel 4 soap.

Show chiefs are currently keeping tight-lipped about who the father of the unborn child is, but Joe Roscoe and Lockie Campbell are currently being tipped as the main two possibilities.

Mercedes slept with Joe (Ayden Callaghan) earlier this year when he tracked her down in France after learning that her 'murder' had been faked.

However, shock scenes airing in the summer will see Mercedes also catch Lockie's eye - despite his rocky marriage to her cousin Porsche.

A Hollyoaks source told Digital Spy: "Lockie has already made his mark in the village with his flirtatious ways, but he'll be pushing his luck even further this summer by working his way through the McQueen clan.

"As well as trying to get things back on track with Porsche, charming Lockie will share a kiss with John Paul after starting to flirt with him again. But when Lockie also falls into bed with Mercedes, could this have life-changing consequences?"

As Mercedes certainly isn't known for her maternal instinct, Hollyoaks fans will also be left to wonder whether she will decide to keep the baby or not.

Mercedes already has a young son called Bobby, but she has no contact with him as he is currently living in the US with his grandfather Carl Costello.

The insider added: "The arrival of a second child could be a chance for Mercedes to prove herself as a mother, but will she really want the responsibility of a baby?"

Poor Porsche everyone all over Pete, who looks to be now setting his creepy pervy sights on Cleo and he may have caused Celine's eating disorder by his comments about her weight too

Poor Porsche everyone all over Pete, who looks to be now setting his creepy pervy sights on Cleo and he may have caused Celine's eating disorder by his comments about her weight too

Yeah, it's the shining light storyline amongst all the nonsense currently going on.

I love Kai Owen from Torchwood, so great to see him playing such a villainous character.

Also, Celine and Cameron actually make a really nice couple, so hopefully they're kept together.

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's the shining light storyline amongst all the nonsense currently going on.

I love Kai Owen from Torchwood, so great to see him playing such a villainous character.

Also, Celine and Cameron actually make a really nice couple, so hopefully they're kept together.

I like Celine and Cameron too but then think he caused Sam and Danny's deaths so I assume Tom or Leela will spill those beans soon enough

I thought after Katy's death this time around Sinead would be a better more caring mother instead all she wants is Ste for herself :mad:

Advertisement