Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Car..........I am LIVID .

Options
  • 18-05-2009 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I need some advice people pleeaaassseee !!!

I bought a new car ( used ) in Jan 09 for cash. I had spent months looking for this particular car as it is very specific. Anyway , was delighted when I found it , NCT , tax all good , took for a test drive and it was fine. About week later I noticed it wasnt driving very well , became very sluggish and didnt seem to have the power it was supposed to , also it started to leak oil onto my beautifull cobble lock driveway and the smell of bunring oil in the car was horrendous..to cut a long story short Ive been back to the garage 5 times and am due to go back again on Friday for a different problem. Since getting the car , its needed to be tuned ( twice ) , it needs to be filled every week with oil ( need to keep a drum in the boot ) , its now leaking water and Im at my wits end. Spoke to the guy who sold it to me and he said the best he could do was look for a similar car and do an exchange. But under NO circumstance would m,y money be refunded. Now if this was a normal model I wouldnt have a problem but its specific and like I said took me months to find the right one , I just dont think he's going to be able to find another. The car is 6mth warranty whcih will expire mid July. Im so fed up , I live 30 miles away from this garage and already had to take 5 days off and need to take another one on Friday . I think I should be refunded as I was sold a dodgy motor that just seems to have problem after problem. Should I insist I get a refund ??

Please help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Try contacting SIMI and make a complaint with them.

Sounds like you should be given a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

SIMI won't do anything. The car is obviously a heap of junk. Stop driving it ASAP - every mile you clock up decreases your chances of getting your money back. Under the Sale of Goods and Aupply of Services Act, I imagine you have redress as the car is not fit for the purpose intended. You could maybe post over in Motors as well for more advice. What car was it BTW?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Alix

It was a BMW :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭znv6i3h7kqf9ys

Alix wrote: »
    It was a BMW :(

Not a 320d by any chance? If so sounds like the turbo is shot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

is the fecker a member of simi , if not leave them out of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Closed as there is a duplicate thread in Motors.

OP, please only open one thread on a topic at any given time across the forums. Otherwise you run the risk of all your threads being closed.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement