Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom fan and light have power but not working?

Options
  • 18-05-2009 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭

:)
    Hello people,

I have an issue with bathroom fan and light. I have tried different blubs so they are working. I have used a meter and the is 26v on the contacts for the light. I am thinking may need a new fitting as it was disfigured due to old blubs heating a few years ago. But that being the case why would the fan go at the same time? Meter gives voltage on cables going into fan. Could the motor just be worn out? It’s 14 year old. It sound like I am missing something simple can any one help?

Regards gar32

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

you may have a bad contact at lite affecting fan. i would replace lite anyway .2d fittings are a good replacement( ge brio or similar).could be switch of course but i would replace lite anyway due to previous heat trouble

Advertisement