Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rehab Lotto tickets...

• 18-05-2009 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭

Bought a few of these while up in Ballyliffin last weekend.
    Got one winner of 4 euro.
    Nice one.

However, you can't get the money in the post office as I was told I need to go to the petrol station as they sell teh rehab lotto tickets.
    Went to the station and they said that the cards are stamped and it can only be claimed now from the shop it was bought in.

What a joke. So I'm back in Dublin and I would have to go 4-5 hours away to get 4 euro.
    This is purely a scam. There should be no problem in any shop taking the card for a smaller sum and then sorting the cards out with the rehab guys on a monthly basis.
    At the very least the shop should inform people of this, but who wants to buy 10 cards and then scratch them all there and then or out in your car.
    Also, it means that giving them as presents is poinless as the person woudl have to then drive to the same shop you bought them in.

I won't be buying any more of them anyway as it's obviously a scam to rip off people so that if they do win, there is a chance that they bought it while away from their local area.

Yours in venting,
    GSH.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

afaik the national lottery ones can be claimed anywhere because it all goes through a central computer system (the payout machine) so the national lottery know what's been claimed and where, so they can offset it against the shops sales of scratchcards

with the rehab ones they don't have this system, so each individual shop has to stamp theri own because if they pay out another shop's winnings, they have no way of getting it back
    the national lottery used to do it that way when I was a kid, before they got the machines

Advertisement