Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EVENT 6/6/2009 : Japaing Movie Nights

Options
  • 18-05-2009 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

i have become involved in a starting a movie night in town. It will be called "Japaing Movie Nights Presents" and our first showing will be on the 6th of June, in the Dublin Food Co-op in Newmarket! It's starts a 7:30pm.

Basically "Japaing" is all things Asian ( or derivitive ) cinema and we will be starting by showing Nausica : Princess of the Valley of the Wind".

It's free in, there will be tasty food available and if you enjoy yourself you can offer a donation to ensure the night stays running!

Drop in and say hello.

Dragan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

hey that sounds really good. You should advertise the event here http://forums.eirtaku.com/viewforum.php?f=2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

If I'm in Dublin that night, I'm there.

Love that film, what's the venue/screen like?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

any chance of a google maps link? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

gearoidof wrote: »
    any chance of a google maps link? :P

Here's a map to the Co-Op; http://www.dublinfood.coop/html/about_find.html

Never been in there myself though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Rhyme wrote: »
    If I'm in Dublin that night, I'm there.

Love that film, what's the venue/screen like?

Well the venue itself is a large anterroom in the coop, should be some nice comfy couches and such for those who show up early!

I am not too sure about the projector, it's actually owned by the Co-Op themselves but i can find out for you no problem.

This kind of just started out as a night for friends but is taking on a life of it's own!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭appleidog

Damn, I wont be able to make this man i would love to go to this best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

While Im not sure if Il be there on that night, I'll certainly show up for any night that I'm available should you host further nights!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Jimbo808

Sounds great!

Any idea of what films/movies/series will be screened this Saturday?

J

Advertisement