Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan 200sx

Options
  • 18-05-2009 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi can anyone help,
    A friend of mine has a Nissan 200sx 1990 the 1.8turbo cs18 det and he has cracked the oilpan on a speed ramp. He is having a lot of trouble finding a replacement one, can anyone help?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

Look/ask in the Ireland section of www.sxoc.com. I find them very helpful. Also there are breakers listed there in the UK that will courier parts over.

Also I was looking for bits for my s14 and this guy had a s13 that he was breaking, seemed a decent sort too:

http://japparts.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5&Itemid=76

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭martydunf

Same thing happened to me in the Golf. I got it welded in SP Heat Transfer and they done a pretty good job. Their located in Waterford if your in or around the area.

http://www.homewise.ie/supplier/Waterford/SPHeatTransfer/227/

• Registered Users Posts: 23 hidden

Thanks for that contact Ferris, I got in touch with the guy in Jap Parts but he is not to keen on selling just the oil pan ,I was not to surprised.
    Martydunf the oilpan seems to be made from an alloy of some sort, i dont know which, was your the same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

Did you get a quote from Nissan.

Be warned you may cry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

hidden wrote: »
    Thanks for that contact Ferris, I got in touch with the guy in Jap Parts but he is not to keen on selling just the oil pan ,I was not to surprised.
    Martydunf the oilpan seems to be made from an alloy of some sort, i dont know which, was your the same?

Im not surprised, he wouldn't want to break the engine.

Try Aluweld if your mate is in dublin, I forgot that he welded the alloy sump on my bro's car. They did a good job but ned to see the sump before they'll give you a price. Cost 80quid to weld about 5inches iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭martydunf

hidden wrote: »

Ya I think it was an aluminium alloy and he placed a plate over where the hole was in the sump pan and welded around it and over the cracks. They used this special liquid then after to check if it would leak, (this stuff gets through the tiniest openings), but it was fine. IIRC it was 80 quid to do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

to be honest you shouldnt have too much hassle getting a sump for a ca18det. Theres loads of them wanked sitting up over in england (and ireland im sure). Put up a wanted thread on sxoc

Advertisement