Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too late to Register

Options
  • 18-05-2009 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was removed from the register a few years back ( don't know why ) but I am trying to re-register.

is it too late to re-register for the upcoming elections ?

Apologies if this is the wrong forum.

Ta
    Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

It's quite possible that your local authority will take the form from you today. You will need to get it to a Garda station and get it signed, then to your authority before they close. See here. After today you can definitely forget about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

Today the 18th is the last day but I'm not sure whether your supposed to have it in before today or including today.
    What you need is an rfa 3 form, here's one from the Meath CoCouncil site http://www.meath.ie/LocalAuthorities/ElectionsElectoralRegister/ElectoralRegister/ElectoralRegisterForms/File,3908,en.pdf
    And as sceptre said you'll need it stamped and signed in a Garda station.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I got mine in on Friday and the Dublin City Council lady said that it was the last day.

There's a sticky at the top about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Thanks all.

By local Authority - do you mean the Fingal Co Co offices ?

Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Thanks all.

By local Authority - do you mean the Fingal Co Co offices ?

Ta

Yup whoever is your local council.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

5pm today is the deadline....

Or, if you're one of the few remaining FF supporters, 5pm tomorrow ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

Is today still the last day you can change your registered address? I keep meaning to do it as it's a pain to head back to the sticks to vote every time

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Vim Fuego wrote: »
    Is today still the last day you can change your registered address? I keep meaning to do it as it's a pain to head back to the sticks to vote every time
    Yes. And officially it was last Friday.

Really, some of you guys make me look organised:)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

Haha, fair enough so. Looks like I'll be voting at home so :-) Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

sceptre wrote: »
    Yes. And officially it was last Friday.

Really, some of you guys make me look organised:)

Strange, that......there were ads on the radio going on about how it was 5pm today....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭population

My registration according to that check the register site was not bringing up any results for some reason so just to be sure I filled out the form again today and brought it into the Council Offices (Dublin)

The woman there said that today was 100% fine before 5pm. She said she was positive that my card will get there in time

Advertisement