Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Structure beside the M50

Options
  • 18-05-2009 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

My friend and I were wondering what is that structure beside the M50 in Dublin its narrow at the base and wide at the top. Its on the left hand side of the road if your going to the airport from the west. Is it a water reservoir or is it some kind of air navigation beacon or equipment for the airport.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 zednanrefnomar

OK, I just found the answer in an old thread from 2006 http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054892573 linked at the bottom of the page. It is a water tower.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

You mean this structure?

528613315_cadca00fd0.jpg

It's a new water tower, built as part of the major new North Dublin Fringe water supply and drainage scheme. There's another one exactly like in in Ballycoolin, Blanchardstown, built as part of the same scheme.

Advertisement