Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exams

• 18-05-2009 1:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭

I can't concentrate :mad:
    Boards keeps pulling me in im going to turn off my router :pac: Ive an exam in a few hours.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,254 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

What exam you got?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

I had managing customer relations, it went really well Im delighted. Im in 4th year doing Business and IT.

Im a 3rd year doing Business, I.T. and a language (Spanish)

Got e-business tomorrow. Dreadful!

Yeah Ann Murphy I remember it well! At least you dont have to do an IT project in 4th year, although I really enjoyed it its alot of hard work.

Ive Strategic management of information systems tommorrow, nightmare you will have it next year :P then ive only one exam left :pac:

1 exam? What the hell?

E Business wasnt as bad as i thought. HRM tomorrow (and European Economic Public Policy too coz i had to repeat one)

Sham!

How hard it 4th year? Is it mostly project based? Coz i'd love that!

• Advertisement

Yeah ive only 3 exams this semester with 3 100% CA's (IT project, strategic management2 and Project Management 2)

Yeah mainly project based in my course anyway, its handy enough to pass but not easy when your aiming for a first class honor.

Process Analysis on Thursday then bring on graduation and hopefully a 1st.

Sounds good to me though!

Thats if i even get into 4th year! Disasterous exams this semester :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Drodan

Can some explain to me please the craic with D marks and wether or not are infact a failing grade. Some lecturers are saying they are and some arn't so it's reallly confusing.

Also if you get an F in a module 1 at christmas but get a C+ for the May exams do the two grade count together or not?

Drodan wrote: »
    Can some explain to me please the craic with D marks and wether or not are infact a failing grade. Some lecturers are saying they are and some arn't so it's reallly confusing.

Also if you get an F in a module 1 at christmas but get a C+ for the May exams do the two grade count together or not?

A d is 35-40% which is classed as a compensatory pass I don't think you only get 1.0 towards your GPA.

The lecturer can pull your first semester grade up if they feel you warrant it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

The lecturer can pull your first semester grade up if they feel you warrant it.

Exactly what he said.

When I was sitting on exam boards in ITB (and other colleges, for that matter), we basically took all factors into consideration. The process is actually quite biased towards the student, believe it or not.

• Advertisement

According to the college, when you get a D grade, you just need to get a C+ in any other module to pull you back up.

I love it :D

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Exactly what he said.

When I was sitting on exam boards in ITB (and other colleges, for that matter), we basically took all factors into consideration. The process is actually quite biased towards the student, believe it or not.

Yeah defiantly another reason I will miss this place :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,044 ✭✭✭Daith

Weird, first year I was there we took our exams at the hospital because there was no room in the main building.

Good times!

Any word on when the exam results are out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Sparky2

Next tuesday i think. Exam board meetings are this week.

I totally forget how to use the results thingy, lil help please.

You just enter your student number and your "PIN"

If you cant remember it you just ring them up and they change it straight away to your DOB i think.

Then you just click on the relevant links. Student Records or something like that.

I get confused every semester :pac:

Ok cool, gonna be a little difficult as I'm in Canada atm. I'll get it done though

Its not problem, i was on Erasmus in Spain last year and i had to ring them from a payphone, they just told me straight away what my new PIN was and i went and logged in on the net.

Easy:D

Oh cool, cheers man!

• Advertisement

Friday 12/06 Exam results not sure what time however!

Nah, no such luck for tomorrow, exam results come out Wed 17th June @ 2pm

http://www.itb.ie/site/studentservices/exams.htm

Advertisement