Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Firefox Error - Secure Connection Failed

• 18-05-2009 1:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭

I appear to be getting this error when I try log in to secure pages. I have no idea what settings have changed, if any did at all!

I've taken a shot to show it.

Also, I rebooted my laptop.. it appeared confused and now it thinks it is November 2005 ... what is that all about?

Thanks in advance and sorry if it's the wrong forum.

ffe.gif
    ImageShack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Moved from laptops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

You're getting the certificate error because your computer thinks it's 2005. Sort that out and secure sites should be OK from then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

PeteK* wrote: »

Also, I rebooted my laptop.. it appeared confused and now it thinks it is November 2005 ... what is that all about?

ffe.gif
    ImageShack

:D LOL :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Why LOL Brian? :( :pac:

FruitLover wrote: »
    You're getting the certificate error because your computer thinks it's 2005. Sort that out and secure sites should be OK from then.

Thanks FruitLover, you're right I'd say cos it stopped today when I changed the date and time.

BUT, when I turned on the laptop today, the date and time went back to 2005...

It give me the option to press F1 to setup stuff and F2 to default ... :confused:

I picked F2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Sounds like your CMOS battery is dying/dead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Hey take it easy. I was laughing at your good humor.:D

(it appeared confused and now it thinks it is November 2005)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭PeteK*

FruitLover wrote: »
    Sounds like your CMOS battery is dying/dead.

What is that? Is that just the.. battery? I've only learned last week that you're not supposed to have the battery in when you've got the laptop plugged in. Is that true? :confused:

Hey take it easy. I was laughing at your good humor.:D

(it appeared confused and now it thinks it is November 2005)

:pac: I am taking it easy .. I just don't see my sense of humour there. :o

Advertisement