Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Hotel Malahide?

Options
  • 18-05-2009 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

Is it a nice place to stay? I havent been in it for years. Not looking for anything too fancy, just clean and welcoming would suffice. Going for meal in Jaipur Sunday night and might surprise the wife with a hotel as they have good rates at the moment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

always felt it was a bit "fur coat and no knickers" myself. I've not stayed in it for a while, but have attended functions and meals there, and found it a bit "meh". Clean -sure, welcoming - not so much.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Was in there a while back for a Christening - seems pretty nicely laid out although I'd agree that it didn't necessarily seem welcoming. No idea what the rooms are like though.

As to 'Jaipur' - good choice but I think 'Kajaal' would be a better one. Your call though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

I worked there years ago as a porter for the summer. The rooms as far as I remember were nice. They had built a new building on at the back and those rooms were top notch. But this was 10 years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

Worked there from 2002 to 2004. Would recommend it for its location & facilities.
    Staff always seemed under a lot of pressure which may account for the frosty failte alluded to in previous posts

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Magnet

I stayed last yr and maybe 6 yrs ago, of course it depends on the company but I had a great evening on both occasions..
    Not too far away from a romantic walk either..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Good stuff, thanks, might do it. Double room for €74 without breakfast. Will get that far cheaper and tastier in the excellent Cafe Provence.

Advertisement