Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just moved in and I received an Eircom bill...

Options
  • 18-05-2009 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if this has happened to anyone before. I just bought a house and the previous owner terminated their account with Eircom before the house was sold and we even received a letter in late April saying as such. We haven't reopened the phone line yet because we're getting the house renovated and may not move in for a month or two at least.

In early May, we received an Eircom bill in the previous owners name for line rental start for two months starting from two days after the account was terminated. I rang Eircom and they said that if I fax them proof of ownership, I can get the rental charges credited. My solicitor is sending me a proof of ownership letter so I can sort this out. I was just wondering if anything like this has happened to anyone before. I'm not going to lose sleep over this but it is a bit annoying and it's yet another reason why I'll never use Eircom again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Well its not the same but in the same ball park. I got a bill for 1 months line rental from eircom for asking them to check the line for broadband.They said it would be free to do this but I then got the first bill. I rang them, sorted it out. Few weeks later, a reminder. Again, rang them and sorted it out. Got a 3rd letter a few weeks after saying that they would take legal action if I didnt pay my bill. Im mild mannred but I lost it on the phone to them....and it was sorted out.
    They are a shower of muppets to be fair. Would tell the story of getting my line tested...but thats for another day!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Why are you openeing, or concerned with a bill addressed to somebody else? Or is it that the bill is stopping you getting service now?

Advertisement