Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dangerous placement of election posters in Skerries

Options
  • 18-05-2009 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

I can't wait for the elections to be over, not because of any expectation for the outcome, but simply for the fact that I'd like to be able to walk on the sidewalk again!!!

I find that one candidate in particular has a gross disregard for public safety - Gay Mitchell. His are the only posters at, or below, eye level, throughout the already narrow sidewalk, forcing pedestrians to step on to the road.

Not to mention that the zip ties on his posters are poking out at eye level!

I would have voted Fine Gael but after this they definitely lost my vote. :mad:

Anyone know if there's a way to report these muppets? I sent an email to the two email addresses that Gay has listed but somehow I doubt it will make much difference.

I was thinking of cutting them down in the interest of public safety and dropping them off in front of his house in Rathmines.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

apparantly the local scoobies in Sallynoggin had the problem, so they took matters into their own hands with the help of a box of matches.

it looked like halloween up there on friday night :D

Maybe a mail to your local council would be appropriate. Highways department maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

Thanks, I've emailed Fingal County Council's Roads department. :)

Not sure the matches would work, it's been raining here for days on end, I doubt even a flamethrower would do the job. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

netman wrote: »
    Thanks, I've emailed Fingal County Council's Roads department. :)

Not sure the matches would work, it's been raining here for days on end, I doubt even a flamethrower would do the job. :p

Why waste a flame thrower on the posters, save it for the real thing :D

Advertisement