Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor Tocantins: Coach [will contain spoilers]

Options
  • 18-05-2009 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Coach has to go down in survivor history as one of the most stand out, unique characters ever. It's rare to see Jeff even getting sarcastic digs in against someone.

**SPOILERS FROM THIS POINT ON IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN EPISODE 18x13**

Really gutted he got voted off, would of loved to of seen him in the finale. Scratch that, would of loved to of seen him and Tyson in the finale :D

He actually reminded me of the recent South Park episode "fishsticks"... like Cartman, he appears to be in a complete world of delusion. I mean the show has even shown him up for this. He blatantly lies in front of everyone about what he said to Sierra, then proceeds to lie again in private to the camera that it was Sierra who was lying, not him. He then tells this same lie to Jeff... how deluded can someone be?

I love how he thought everything was revolving around him. When JT and Stephen came up with the plan to oust Brendan, then let Coach know about it, he goes on camera and says it was his plan all along :pac: as "The Dragon Slayer"

I mean you hear about consummate liars and narcissists but to actually see one in action makes for great TV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just wait until you see the re-union - he's awesome in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Coach is one of the most memorable characters in Survivor history. However, his fasting on Exile Island cost him that immunity (his back? I'm not so sure..).

He could have got to the final...

He was great in that reunion show. Loved the lie detector test (if the results were genuine).

If there is another allstars show in the pipeline, he is a dead cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Yeah I watched it. I really wanted Sierra to win the 100,000 though, like Jeff said I couldn't understand the constant hostility towards her. Maybe, like she said, she was too dependent which led others to not respect her.

Coach, like always, was incredible. I have no doubt he would pass a lie detector test, but that proves nothing. He's a consummate liar and narcissist, you have to actually believe you are lying to fail a lie detector. Coach seems to be so severely deluded in his grandeur that I don't doubt he actually has convinced himself the stories he tells are reality.

... and they also said he's writing a book :eek: I guarantee this will be put in the comedy section of bookstores rather than the bio section :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'd definitely read the book, though - should be entertaining.

Advertisement