Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Summer Gamerscore Challenge

• 18-05-2009 2:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭

Boards.ie Summer GamerScore Challenge – July

The July tournament starts on the 4th July on Saturday at 00:01 (or thereabouts ), so sign up early to avoid disappointment

About:
    The Boards.ie GamerScore challenge is a competition amongst gamers to see who can gain the most Achievement Points over the summer months.

We have three challenges – one for each month, June, July and August. There’ll be a winner at the end of each month and then an overall winner who will be the person who gained the most points over the three months.

To join, simply register at www.360voice.com and then sign up to our challenge by clicking the “SIGN UP HERE” link at the top of this post.

The July tournament starts on the 4th July on Saturday at 00:01 (or thereabouts :P), so sign up early to avoid disappointment!

Rules:
    You can brush up on the Challenge Rules here: http://360voice.gamerdna.com/challenge-rules.asp

There is one rule that is specific to our competition though;
    - If you do not have constant access to Xbox Live and are completing most of your achievements offline, then we ask that you offer us regular updates of your progress throughout the challenge via the Shoutbox on the challenge page

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Signed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Remember though, gamerwhoring is for life, not just for summer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

In for the win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

hmmmm, Tempted to join up.

We did one over Christmas, and some of the guys here take their challenges really seriously:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

im in

i do most of my gaming on the ps3, but i should be able to knock up a healthy gamerscore in the allotted time period since i dont have to worry about actually buying games or anything like that :P

tho that said, thatll only balance out my inert rubbishness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Louisburgh lass

count me in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

I'm away for a week in June but I'll sign up anyway. That way when I finish ahead of someone I can say that as part of my gloating. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Even though I probably won't score very much, I'll join up.

Well, once my current challenge is done in 3 days :P

Just joined too

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

I'm in :) gotta get UFC now lol. Red Faction better have a lot of good achievements!

• Advertisement

Undead wrote: »
    I'm in :) gotta get UFC now lol. Red Faction better have a lot of good achievements!

See for yourself!
    http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/red-faction-guerrilla/achievements/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Joined for the buzz :) If will i am not joins then you can all fooooooooooooooooorget having a chance :p

hes a beast

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

:pac: I won't be joining, UFC is sucking away all my time.

I might do the last month though ;)

rizzla wrote: »
    :pac: I won't be joining, UFC is sucking away all my time.

I might do the last month though ;)

Phew!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

dazftw wrote: »
    Joined for the buzz :) If will i am not joins then you can all fooooooooooooooooorget having a chance :p

hes a beast

Yeah, the man is a great gamer and a bargain hunter.

Lamposts wrote: »
    Yeah, the man is a great gamer and a bargain hunter.

Who's this now?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Only going to be in the same country as my xbox for half of the first month, but I've signed up anyway. Just so that nobody else has to put up with the shame of coming last. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Is it safe to say that the majority of gamers who have high gamerscores already are those that will find it hard to do well? Mine is pretty pathetic, but I'd like to think I have some kind of chance by working through my back catalog of games - I only have 30G in GTAIV ffs!

I'll be bumping this again closer to the time, am expecting to hear back from a few companies with regards free stuff over the next few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yeah kinda ive went from 40'000 - 43'000 in like 2 or so months.. its getting hard.. or im just not playing the right games :pac:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Ive just bought an Xbox, die-hard gamer ''from the other side'' ;) but looking to get busy on the achievements front this summer.

Any inklings on what the challenges might be yet?

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Ive just bought an Xbox, die-hard gamer ''from the other side'' ;) but looking to get busy on the achievements front this summer.

Any inklings on what the challenges might be yet?

Its just whoever can get the most gamerscore in the few months.

If you only got an Xbox, you got a big advantage, as there are tonnes of games available that are easy to get points out of, that most of us in the challenge have played and got the points already.

When are you thinking of starting this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I'm tempted but we did a three week challenge over Xmas and the winner got 10,000 (yes ten thousand points)!

It's taken me a year and a half to get that many.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

A couple of them went mad alright. Lol.

Seeing as its 3 months long maybe allowing any game to be played will give everyone a chance of racking up a decent score.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 RafoLordOfWars

count me in!!:):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Wasn't going to, but I may as well throw in here. I've two weeks off in June so I'll actually have time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I've now launched this. The challenge will be live Here. Best of luck everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Again, I always seem to score most of my points just before it starts. 205 down the drain :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

What's the challenge code to join?

Advertisement