Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Summer Gamerscore Challenge

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Too late now. The challenge has started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

chrislad wrote: »
    Too late now. The challenge has started.
    Damm it, signed up at that site and thought well thats all I need to do, uugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Wolverine is a pretty easy 900-ish, and is a brilliant game in its own right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Mr E wrote: »
    Wolverine is a pretty easy 900-ish, and is a brilliant game in its own right.

shhhhhhh, dont tell them stuff like that!:rolleyes:

650+ on the 1st day, you mad man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

get clive barkers jericho lads.. its an easy and quick 1000 to bad I played it before the challenge :p

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

CKWPORT wrote: »
    650+ on the 1st day, you mad man!
    What? They were easy-ish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Nice one lads. ;)

The Scene Its are handy too and I presume Dead Space is also cos its handy for trophies on the PS3. Lol.

bucks73 wrote: »
    Nice one lads. ;)

The Scene Its are handy too and I presume Dead Space is also cos its handy for trophies on the PS3. Lol.

Dead Space is handy enough alrite, but time comsuming, its a great game though.

I got 990 out of it, only one achievement left, and thats for having 50%+ shields left in the asteroid shooting bit...i barely survived that bit on my playthroughs...

Lol...one of the trophies I havent got yet. Its a tough one alright.

Excellent game alright...am on my second playthrough atm. One more then on hardest difficulty.

• Advertisement

I did the One Gun & Impossible achievements on the one playthrough to save time....it wasnt as hard as a thought, the Plasma cutter is the best gun in the game by far anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Sitting out in the sun and roasting myself has been consuming my time. That and trying to conquer Rock Band. Have so many games to get through, it's not funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

How we gettin on lads?

Just got back from the hospital today, tonsils are gone! so ive 2 weeks of lying in bed off work with prototype, red faction, battle stations pacific and bioshock to beat :)

Undead wrote: »
    How we gettin on lads?

Just got back from the hospital today, tonsils are gone! so ive 2 weeks of lying in bed off work with prototype, red faction, battle stations pacific and bioshock to beat :)

you'll get 800+ outta Bioshock easy (Dont harverst any little sisters)

Been playing Prototype this week and it is tight on points, only 50 outta about 4hrs of play.

Anyways, If you check the Challenge page, it looks like the challenge could be over, one lad has 9k+ points already.

Done and dusted. Lol. Youre going to need a bucket load of games and plenty of free time to catch him. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

and people think that forums are full of nerds...

:p

you'll get 800+ outta Bioshock easy (Dont harverst any little sisters)

Been playing Prototype this week and it is tight on points, only 50 outta about 4hrs of play.

Anyways, If you check the Challenge page, it looks like the challenge could be over, one lad has 9k+ points already.

Yeah i cant see myself winning now but feck it no harm tryin lol.

Yeah i cant see myself winning now but feck it no harm tryin lol.

9000+ in 2 weeks, ya Good luck! Not possible...

Except for the guy in the lead, who did it!

9000+ in 2 weeks, ya Good luck! Not possible...

Except for the guy in the lead, who did it!

Well im sure ill have fun playing xbox in bed for 2 weeks in the meantime :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

If you look at the graph he went up 9k over two days.:eek::confused:
    I call shenanigans.

• Advertisement

I don't have regular access to Live. Xbox upstairs - no phone line. Phone line downstairs - no Xbox. As was said at the start of the competition. I assure you that no cheating was done. What's the point?

Well im sure ill have fun playing xbox in bed for 2 weeks in the meantime :D

in bed? you sick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

It was grand at the beginning, looked like a nice competition. Then one guy played 2K6 games and Avatar, then we had the one guy sync up 8k points from playing offline...

You know, heaven forbid someone actually win the competition. Between people moaning and accusing me of cheating, this will be my first, and last, entry.

in bed? you sick?

Yea got my tonsils out on wednesday,was told 2 weeks rest and no work.

So xbox and ice cream all round lol.

chrislad wrote: »
    You know, heaven forbid someone actually win the competition. Between people moaning and accusing me of cheating, this will be my first, and last, entry.

I dont think you cheated...you got over 1200 there in one day recently i see. So 8k+ in 2 weeks is probably possible.

Just let us know what games your playing, share the wealth :D

Was told 2 weeks rest and no work.

So xbox and ice cream all round lol.

Not so bad, you'll be on constantly so, you might catch ChrisLad

I dont think you cheated...you got over 1200 there in one day recently i see. So 8k+ in 2 weeks is probably possible.

Just let us know what games your playing, share the wealth :D

Not so bad, you'll be on constantly so, you might catch ChrisLad

Bolt, Eat Lead, some of those Sega Arcade games, Silent Hill, Ghostbusters, Jericho and a few more that I can't recall. Wall-E too, I think. I had a load of older games, such as Jericho, that I've had for ages so I just focused on finishing that and getting the majority of achievements. If you look at most of my recent games, they're 80%+ completed.

I didnt even know Ghostbusters was out yet!

Would you recommend it??

Is there co-op?

It's out in the US. Got it from there. There is co-op but not campaign co-op. It's good, but very limited replayability. I've gotten 790 from one playthrough!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Who here is wanosd?

4th highest gamerscore in Ireland!

Advertisement