Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Summer Gamerscore Challenge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

chrislad wrote: »
    Bolt, Eat Lead, some of those Sega Arcade games, Silent Hill, Ghostbusters, Jericho and a few more that I can't recall. Wall-E too, I think. I had a load of older games, such as Jericho, that I've had for ages so I just focused on finishing that and getting the majority of achievements. If you look at most of my recent games, they're 80%+ completed.

Yea there's no way i'd catch this guy!

I'm only playing games i wanna play, rather than games just for the sake of gettin Points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 samir

Haha my gamerscore is only 5,200:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

Swizz wrote: »
    Who here is wanosd?

4th highest gamerscore in Ireland!

Had to do a good bit of searching, but..........;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

I don't have regular access to Live. Xbox upstairs - no phone line. Phone line downstairs - no Xbox. As was said at the start of the competition. I assure you that no cheating was done. What's the point?
    I didnt read that. In that case, fair play to ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

You know, heaven forbid someone actually win the competition. Between people moaning and accusing me of cheating, this will be my first, and last, entry.

Cant understand the moaning and accusations either. Its a gamerscore competition ffs and you clearly stated your case before it started. If someone had a problem with playing certain games then they should have said it before it started like we did for the Xmas one.

The winner in that one had almost 10000 also...
    http://360voice.gamerdna.com/challenge/25326

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

bucks73 wrote: »
    Cant understand the moaning and accusations either. Its a gamerscore competition ffs and you clearly stated your case before it started. If someone had a problem with playing certain games then they should have said it before it started like we did for the Xmas one.

The winner in that one had almost 10000 also...
    http://360voice.gamerdna.com/challenge/25326

I didn't actually play any of the 'banned' games, as such. I've already played those ages ago!!! :)

I didn't actually play any of the 'banned' games, as such. I've already played those ages ago!!! :)

Some of my choices were frowned upon. ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Some of my choices were frowned upon. ;):D

were they?

In the Xmas one?

Nah...in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Nah...in this one.

Well you did do the smelly cheaty avatar. Though even without it you'd still be in 2nd so it's not really an issue.

Except it is! You are scum!!!! :D /joke

• Advertisement

Lol...well I couldnt turn it down for a fiver. ;)

Have a few days off this week so plan on getting stuck into a couple of games. Not that Ill be anywhere near the soon to be crowned winner. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

If I sign up now will it count the achievements I've gotten since the start of the month?

Nope. There's going to be one in July so you can enter that when it's set up. Sign up for this month ended on 30th May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

looking forward to the july challange, sounds fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

wow... not one point gained by me.... :D I'v about 6 games sitting here still not played, so hopefully the july challange, I'll do a bit better :p Dam CoD4 taking all my time up!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I think there'll have to be a 2 or 3 day signup period for July's competition to allow those who participated in this months competition to sign up for the next one as you can't enroll in more than one at once. Will post up the details as soon as Junes race wraps up.

With 2 months to go, are we all playing for second already?

Can you just run it from, like, July 3rd to August 31st and be done with creating one each month?

I can't set it up like that, but I've asked the powers that be if they can manually create a challenge to cater for our needs. Hopefully will find out by tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Unless 360voice has a massive screw-up, these should be the final results for June:
    1. wanosd: +13,105
    2. The Batman IRL +5,410
    3. limerickred: +5,350
    4. Louisburgh Lass: +2,791
    5. TheChrisD: +2,540
    6. lamposts: +2,480
    7. AdMMM: +2,295
    8. Mini Montana: +1,030
    9. daz0rz: +965
    10. kilooscarsierra: +895
    11. NunianVonFuch: +440
    12. Spideog: +120
    13. H3lx: +30
    14. docerdeedoo: 0
    AdMMM wrote: »
    I can't set it up like that, but I've asked the powers that be if they can manually create a challenge to cater for our needs. Hopefully will find out by tomorrow.

From what I can tell here you can set them up for 60 days as well.

Shouldn't that be:

1.wanosd: +13,105
    2.The Batman IRL +5,410
    3.limerickred: +5,350

The 360voice page probably wont update them around until it updates later today and sends the auto mail out.

I just passed ya in time Limericked!!!!!

• Advertisement

Whooo I got 0 :D

Whooo I got 0 :D

Now that is an achievement, you should get bonus points for that! ;)
    Guess what? You came in at #2 which means you didn't win. But hey, there is always next time!

Well there was no chance of catching 1st...

This one will start on Saturday morning, giving people plenty of time to sign up, as well as other people who didn't take part in the June one to give it a go.

I think there should be one condition though; if you intend on playing most of your games offline, or don't have continuous access to Live, then please give regular updates either on here or the shoutbox on the challenge page.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Done! My lack of new games will probably make me midtable again but still I kicked your collective asses Spideog H3lx and docerdeedoo! Taste the paiN!!!! :D

Done! My lack of new games will probably make me midtable again but still I kicked your collective asses Spideog H3lx and docerdeedoo! Taste the paiN!!!! :D
    I think it would of been a challenge to loose against me :rolleyes: Don't worry I'll beat my old score of 0 this time though!! :D

Boards.ie Summer GamerScore Challenge – July

The July tournament starts on the 4th July on Saturday at 00:01 (or thereabouts ), so sign up early to avoid disappointment

About:
    The Boards.ie GamerScore challenge is a competition amongst gamers to see who can gain the most Achievement Points over the summer months.

We have three challenges – one for each month, June, July and August. There’ll be a winner at the end of each month and then an overall winner who will be the person who gained the most points over the three months.

To join, simply register at www.360voice.com and then sign up to our challenge by clicking the “SIGN UP HERE” link at the top of this post.

The July tournament starts on the 4th July on Saturday at 00:01 (or thereabouts :P), so sign up early to avoid disappointment!

Rules:
    You can brush up on the Challenge Rules here: http://360voice.gamerdna.com/challenge-rules.asp

There is one rule that is specific to our competition though;
    - If you do not have constant access to Xbox Live and are completing most of your achievements offline, then we ask that you offer us regular updates of your progress throughout the challenge via the Shoutbox on the challenge page

There is one rule that is specific to our competition though;
    - If you do not have constant access to Xbox Live and are completing most of your achievements offline, then we ask that you offer us regular updates of your progress throughout the challenge via the Shoutbox on the challenge page

That should stop certain persons whinging. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Since I've already "used up" all those new games down in Cork, I guess I won't be scoring all that much this month.

Although then again this big fat bank account might have other things to say :D

That should stop certain persons whinging. :)
    I have to say I was a bit disheartened to see someone score as many points in as little as two weeks, as I had gained in 2 years playing. You machine!

• Advertisement

That won't be happening this month. I had 2 weeks off so I just finished games I had. I'll try to just keep my lead more than anything this month. Have 14 days straight at the end of the month so that's gonna hurt!

Advertisement