Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Summer Gamerscore Challenge

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Final bump for this. If you're interested in playing, you have until just before midnight (US time) to sign up.

If you're already a member of www.360voice.com , simply click this link to join the challenge. Otherwise, signup at www.360voice.com and then click the challenge link.

Best of luck to everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

this should be fun, ill try my best. my aim is to get to 10,000 points by the end of the challange and maybe that will be enough to win the July challange, you never know!!

All aboard the Challenge Train! I'll be starting this as soon as the kettle boils and I finish my cup of tea. If you're faster than my kettle (not hard, it's a Tesco Value piece of ****), you can still join in on the craziness by clicking Here

[edit]Edit to say that I've reached into the very bottom of the bargain bins this month. I'm so ashamed :([/edit]

And we're off. 12 participants this month. A few new additions and a few players slipping off the radar.

Here is how we all start:

gamescore.jpg

I'll update that table every week so people can track their progress in real terms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Cool...only 7500 to catch up with Wanosd. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

damn cant join:(

is there a way of checking the leaderboard?

Yup, you can check them here: http://360voice.gamerdna.com/challenge/39514 . Not much to see today though!

doesnt seem to be working. got about 150 points today and wanted to see has it registered with the competition?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

It only fully updates every day. However, when logged in you can see the current changes in the "Livescore" column, which at the moment (19:48) shows:

AdMMM - 500
    TheChrisD - 195
    corcaigh09 - 145
    docerdeedoo - 120
    lamposts - 85
    The Batman IRL - 70

• Advertisement

christ, im miles behind already!! good to see my points have registered anyway...

I whored an easy game. I won't be able to keep up that pace. Have a few other "banker" games tucked away in my collection though so I'll make sporadic jumps throughout the month!

And wanosd storms back into the lead. Over 2k in just over 24 hours! He said that he's working for the second half of the month so that should give us mere mortals a chance to eat into his lead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

That was 7 days in all fairness!! I'm not that much of a machine!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

chrislad wrote: »
    That was 7 days in all fairness!! I'm not that much of a machine!!!

7 Days?

Its only running since Saturday!

7 days in July so far. Sure, this comp has been running since June!

Yes, you've been offline and probably getting points since July 1st, where as the rest of us in the challenge are only getting our scores recorded since the 4th.

Thats all I was asking!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Louisburgh lass

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Yes, you've been offline and probably getting points since July 1st, where as the rest of us in the challenge are only getting our scores recorded since the 4th.

Thats all I was asking!
    i agree thats not really fair...
    anyways im back in 2nd wuhooo:p

How is it not fair? It's a summer challenge, June to August. Not my fault that the site wouldn't let the creator set it for the full 3 monhs or that it wasn't starts from July 1st or that you went online before hand. If the final tally wants to include the difference between the final score in June and the starting in July, that's fine with me.

i got achievements from 1st july before the start date of the 4th and they are not counted for this contest. not very fair...

• Advertisement

What I will do when the challenge is over is add up how many points players got between the 1st and 4th and add them to the total so that everyone is on equal ground.

i agree thats not really fair...
    anyways im back in 2nd wuhooo:p
    I'll take that, thanks :)

i still can't check the leaderboard for some reason...

If you login to 360voice.com, and then go here, you should be able to see the leaderboard. It's updated once a day in the afternoon but you can see the Livescores in one of the columns on the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Louisburgh lass

AdMMM wrote: »
    I'll take that, thanks :)

ok 2nd wasnt mine for long!!! Im behind u though lol:D

If you login to 360voice.com, and then go here, you should be able to see the leaderboard. It's updated once a day in the afternoon but you can see the Livescores in one of the columns on the right.

ive done that but still its just a blank screen for me. Maybe its a problem on my end. ill do on updates here on the forum, thanks, sounds like im losing anyway lol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    i got achievements from 1st july before the start date of the 4th and they are not counted for this contest. not very fair...

Sure it's not fair but it's not like there's going to be a question mark over wanosd's lead! He's still 10k or so ahead if we include last months. If there's really a narrow difference at the end of the 3 months we can start nitpicking over dates but I highly doubt it! :D

About:
    The Boards.ie GamerScore challenge is a competition amongst gamers to see who can gain the most Achievement Points over the summer months.

We have three challenges – one for each month, June, July and August. There’ll be a winner at the end of each month and then an overall winner who will be the person who gained the most points over the three months.

There is one rule that is specific to our competition though;
    - If you do not have constant access to Xbox Live and are completing most of your achievements offline, then we ask that you offer us regular updates of your progress throughout the challenge via the Shoutbox on the challenge page

The bolded and underlined parts are relevant. As AdMMM said, any difference between the end June and start of July will be taken into account, which for The Batman IRL is actually zero :)

chrislad wrote: »
    The bolded and underlined parts are relevant. As AdMMM said, any difference between the end June and start of July will be taken into account, which for The Batman IRL is actually zero :)

Yes it is zero, as I didn't play, because they wouldn't be recorded.

I could have whored a load of points offline before everyone else, but didn't.

• Advertisement

*rolls eyes*

If you want to get like that, we can take about 600pts off my score as the vast majority were on Saturday, when I was off, with Harry Potter and Fight Night, which are piss easy points. Not sure what the rest was from, can't recall.

Advertisement