Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Summer Gamerscore Challenge

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

No, keep your points amigo.

We'll consider this issue closed now with Admmm fair comments above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Can i still join? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Yeah, but it'll have to wait until August 4th/5th when the new month starts!

Ah, Gun. I wish I could go back and forget I ever played that so I could play it all new again! Loved that game.

NKA2K6 is cheap though ;)

chrislad wrote: »
    Ah, Gun. I wish I could go back and forget I ever played that so I could play it all new again! Loved that game.

NKA2K6 is cheap though ;)

Gun is a trip down memory lane for me, I played when it came out 1st on the PC.

Graphically it hasn't weathered well at all, but its still good fun.

Me and you wont get into another argument/debate about what we think is cheap though ;)

• Advertisement

I've played Gun on the Xbox, twice on the 360 and on the PSP. Absolutely love the game.

I'm forcing myself to finish COD4 on Veteran. I was on One Shot, One Kill and it had annoyed me for so long that I had the game in the metaphorical freezer! Finished that level finally this morning and the next one (where you have to get back down the hill after climbing it!!) is irking me.

COD4 is class on Veteran.

You were stuck on the ferris wheel bit for ages was it?

The bit your doing now is tough too, chuck loads of smoke, and sprint for checkpoints down the hill.

Wait till you get to No Fighting in the War Room! There will be no "metaphorical freezer!", it could mean the game thrown out the actual window, nothing metaphorical about it. The checkpointing is terrible in that level, I didnt even attempt Mile High after spending ages finishing the War Room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

OMG that War Room drove me bananas. You really cant hang around either. Make good use of the grenades and cover and watch your back. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Me and you wont get into another argument/debate about what we think is cheap though ;)

No, but the rest of us might ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

the only one on veteran i've actually done is Mile High Club, the rest are impossible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

whats the score now, dare I ask?!

1 wanosd 122,794 124,961
    +2,167
    2 The Batman IRL 42,875 44,480
    +1,605
    45,190 ( 710)
    3 AdMMM 8,436 9,776
    +1,340
    4 corcaigh09 5,099 6,379
    +1,280
    6,429 ( 50)
    5 Louisburgh Lass 11,476 12,731
    +1,255
    6 TheChrisD 21,150 22,330
    +1,180
    22,400 ( 70)
    7 lamposts 57,035 57,940
    +905
    58,085 ( 145)
    8 limerickred 29,125 29,985
    +860
    30,295 ( 310)
    9 Meeuws38 120 955
    +835

10 docerdeedoo 9,925 10,545
    +620
    11 NunianVonFuch 25,639 25,774
    +135
    26,249 ( 475)
    12 kilooscarsierra 10,195 10,325
    +130

4th not bad, i could run out of pace soon though and already out of the 2100 points i bought last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭sweatingbullets

SA-WEET.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Back from Oxegen, should be able to slip in a few points before I collapse into bed!

Once again it looks like there's going to be some mid-table shuffling right up until the dying moments of the month.

http://360voice.gamerdna.com/challenge/39514

well done, The Batman!

Congrats! You may have won this round :)

Cheers Lads, Yes ChrisLad you are correct, its only this round, I don't expect to any where near the top for the August one, as I have no games left really!!!

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Cheers Lads, Yes ChrisLad you are correct, its only this round, I don't expect to any where near the top for the August one, as I have no games left really!!!

Ditto. My plan for August is GoW2, actually sitting down and playing MP. I'm probably going to get Batman too, and replay Spider-Man: Web of Shadows to 1k it. Other than that, I don't see myself getting more than 3k.

• Advertisement

chrislad wrote: »
    Ditto. My plan for August is GoW2, actually sitting down and playing MP. I'm probably going to get Batman too, and replay Spider-Man: Web of Shadows to 1k it. Other than that, I don't see myself getting more than 3k.

Tried playing GOW2 co-op with Wanosd last night, didn't go well, problem on my end that I think is sorted now, router NAT issues by the looks of things. I want to play it on co-op and insane as some stage...

Batman Demo out this friday btw

EDIT: Oh you are Wanosd!!! Sig took a while to load...

Yup. That was annoying. I'll be up for it Wed night. Working early tomorrow and Wed.

my aim of reaching 10k was quite short! think ill aim for 11k for the end of the next challenge. is it best to hold off the acheivements until the next challenge has started?

Doesn't matter as AdMMM is counting the difference between your score at the end of this challenge and the beginning of the next one in the final tally. Might want to hold off though for the ranking on the actual website though!

Click To Sign Up For August HERE

I'll start this on Friday night, so we all have plenty of time to get our stuff together.

You can continue to play games until Friday though as I'll be counting the overall points myself.

Here's how the scores look after two months.

ganerscire2.jpg

I factored in the points scored in the first few days of the month (while the challenge was still pending) by:
    (Score @ End of July) - (Score @ End of June) = Total July Score

Those who only joined the challenge for July were not able to have their points scored between July 1st and 3rd due to their being no previous score that I could use.

Yikes, best I can hope for is second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Lol...think everyone is playing for second. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Best I can hope for is 3rd.

• Advertisement

bucks73 wrote: »
    Lol...think everyone is playing for second. :D

Hands off second Bucks! :eek:

Advertisement