Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Summer Gamerscore Challenge

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Must hold onto Top 5 spot...

Dammit, anyone got a 360 and lots of new games in or around Bristol for the next few days I can borrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Okay, starting this tonight when I get back from work. If you haven't done so already, sign up Here.

New players are welcome :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Just signed up. Havent got a lot of time to get lots of points but it sounds fun and something to work towards :) I'd like to hit 40k so this will by my personal goal. Must get a lend of some easy games of my mate to try and compete with the rest of ye ;)

Gamertag: The Divil

Feel free to send me a friend request :)

Lookin forward to this startin tonight? Waiting to play some games :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

GStormcrow wrote: »

Gamertag: The Divil

Great Gamertag I must say

• Advertisement

Courtesy of Tommy T :D

Aww I just got 20g by accident :p lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

I spent 40+ hours playing star ocean last month and only got 330 points after completing the game and everything :rolleyes: Last month before college again, can't hold anything back now :P

How is the initial score taken? Can I log off xbox live and start getting achievements now then plug back in when the new challenge has been set up?

Ah crap.. I just remembered my xbox live runs out in like a week :eek: :( Well looks like offline stuff for me only :(

• Advertisement

The Divil - Starting score: 0 - Daily captured score: 0 - LiveScore: 38,717 (+38,717)

W...T...F...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Ah, I see what has happened. Since The Divil never joined the Blog before, it's starting from the first time it saw his score. I would think that 38k is his starting point, not an increase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Awww, now our progress graphs will look crap :p. Obviously the 38k doesn't count for "official" purposes.

It has amended itself now on the challenge page hasn't it?

Yeah its all fixed now. 38k is my starting score

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

think this deserves a bump. the batman IRL, added you for some Gears of War playthrough if your up for it, got the second gears today cheap as well. also bought fight night 3 and assasins creed so should be making a surge up the table before it ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    think this deserves a bump. the batman IRL, added you for some Gears of War playthrough if your up for it, got the second gears today cheap as well. also bought fight night 3 and assasins creed so should be making a surge up the table before it ends.

He added everyone here? I'm up for some Gears all right. Love that game. Finishing Prototype at the moment tho, I think some of you guys already played through that. Elizabeth Greene - the most padded out boss fight ever? Anyway I'll hook up with ye for Gears if I'm online. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

just added you there on xbox.com, i could be online around 11.30 or so tonight.

As I said, I'll be up for Gears after Friday night. Horde or Insane Co-Op!

Took me ages to hoard the horde... the last 2 where a biatch... took me and my cuz ages to do it... tip for everyone, use shields... a lot :P :D

• Advertisement

I'm hearing Gears :D

Definitely a lot of Horde action needed, especially getting those 50 waves on Nowhere (amongst other things). Also, with the playlists being updated, we could also get a group for the Annex achievement if anyone else hasn't got that 75-pointer yet.

Friday and that second Fallout DLC disc can't come quickly enough. Another 700 or so for me soon :D

Oi midfield! Stop scoring already! I'm running out of Fallout 3 DLC to use!

That went to the wire!!

You beat The Divil by a nose....Didnt see that coming.

So congrats must be in order then Chris, your the overall winner are ya?

Assuming the system doesn't feck up, last month should be:
    1. wanosd +4,545
    2. The Divil +4,435
    3. limerickred +3,615
    4. The Batman IRL +2,435
    5. TheChrisD +2,225
    6. NunianVonFuch +2,200
    7. corcaigh09 +1,985
    8. lamposts +1,800
    9. docerdeedoo +595
    10. AdMMM +375
    11. Louisburgh Lass +0
    AdMMM wrote: »
    Here's how the scores look after two months.

ganerscire2.jpg

With that bit in mind, the provisional overall scores should be:
    1. wanosd +22,772
    2. The Batman IRL +14,070
    3. limerickred +11,850
    4. lamposts +8,130
    5. TheChrisD +7,285
    6. AdMMM +5,273
    7. corcaigh09 +4,920
    8. NunianVonFuch +4,520
    9. The Divil +4,435
    10. Louisburgh Lass +4,046
    11. Meeuws38 +1,850
    12. docerdeedoo +1,440
    13. kilooscarsierra +1,265
    14. Mini Montana +1,030
    15. daz0rz +965
    16. spideog +120
    17. H3lx +30

I'm unable to include any points scored between the Jult and August challenges, but I think Admmmmmmmmmmmmm will be doing that, so there may be small discrepancies.

There was never really any chance of catching wanosd.

CKWPORT wrote: »
    There was never really any chance of catching wanosd.

This month? I could have easily beat him if I was that pushed. Picked up a few new games during the week and had a chance to buy Lost for €8. Would have been an easy 1k points. I've no interest in the game though so wasn't gonna buy it just for the points. Those days are long gone. Well done Wanosd. Great comeback :D

It would have been very easy to catch. I could easily build up 20k plus in a week starting from scratch. I would like to thank my cousin for getting Ice Age 3 fir the weekend though!!!!

I did go a bit crazy the first month but the last two weren't. This month was mainly Batman and Mass Effect again.

GStormcrow wrote: »
    This month?

No in total, the 1st month he scored a mad amount of points.

• Advertisement

I got batman but haven't had a chance to play it yet. Haven't even played the demo but from what everyone says its a great game so just took the plunge and picked it up. Need to get back around now to finishing off mass effect, bioshock, gears2, fallout 3, prince of persia, assasins creed, skate, skate2 and the other 20 or so games I haven't finished yet :P

I was up late last night playing Brothers in Arms. Decent enough game. If I didnt have work today I could have taken the lead back with about another 1-2 hours of gameplay.

Chris I see you have full points in Star Wars. Is the game good yeah? I picked that up as well this week but haven't tried it or seen the gameplay yet. Just looked good from the box :P

Advertisement