Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free BMW checkup

• 18-05-2009 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

BMW dealers are running a free promotion, bring in your BMW of any age and..

The BMW Free Check Up can provide you with a full read out of your car's current condition, its history and mileage by BMW trained technicians. Just some of the items included in your check on your vehicle are

Check BMW Warranty and BMW Service Inclusive cover
    Check for recalls and campaigns outstanding
    Check fluid level in brake and clutch hydraulic system
    Check battery condition
    Check all lights
    Check steering oil and condition
    Check tyre pressure and thread depth
    Check brake fluid according to service indicator
    Check engine oil level
    Check drive belt condition
    Check exhaust condition
    Check coolant level

Needless to say any work required may be expensive if done with BMW but you are under no obligation to get the work done with them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

There are also many other places that do this sort of thing for any cars if you do not have a BMW.
    Advanced pitstop does a pre-NCT test for free which checks this stuff. Obviously take out your NCT cert if you have one just in case they query it.
    Im sure there are others, it probably works out well for them as chances are if something needs doing, people are probably more likely to just let them do it rather than go off and try to find somewhere cheaper. More hassle and more time without their car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Thanks op very handy, much better than going to advance or the other crowds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

Bmw maindealers prices a rip off, remember you get nothing for nothing in this life, any local garage will do those basic checks for you, labour charges less then half in most cases too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

chris1970 wrote: »
    Bmw maindealers prices a rip off, remember you get nothing for nothing in this life, any local garage will do those basic checks for you, labour charges less then half in most cases too.

If a local garage can do it for less than free, they can check my car for me. They'll presumably pay me to drink the coffee that a BMW dealer will only give me for nothing too.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭jasperok

would they check a 1988 bmw i wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Irishrossoblu

OP, where did you see this offer? Cant see it on some BMW sites. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I heard it advertised on the radio this morning but my local dealerships website is down..funny that:rolleyes:

Badly need a service but cant afford it...tracking gone and new tyres needed.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

OP, where did you see this offer? Cant see it on some BMW sites. Thanks

It's on the home page at bmw.ie and being advertised on the radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Wonder if this covers MINIs too? I wouldn't mind having a diagnostics reading done on mine but i dont see that mentioned in the list :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

http://www.bmw.ie/ie/en/owners/request/Free_check_up.html

That's the link there. Might go in and get this done, then buy anything that's needed and get my friend to fit it all

edit: It appears the link to book your free check up isn't quite working yet, may be best to call your local dealer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Saruman wrote: »
    There are also many other places that do this sort of thing for any cars if you do not have a BMW.
    Advanced pitstop does a pre-NCT test for free which checks this stuff. Obviously take out your NCT cert if you have one just in case they query it.
    Im sure there are others, it probably works out well for them as chances are if something needs doing, people are probably more likely to just let them do it rather than go off and try to find somewhere cheaper. More hassle and more time without their car.

How do you know it is free? Where does it say that?

Edit: I called, they do. Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

does this include minis?

Advertisement