Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bodybuilding gyms in Cavan

Options
  • 18-05-2009 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

Im living in Cavan almost a year and for most of that time I was a member of Evolution Gym in Cavan Town. It was a great spot to train in, was never too busy and it was very convenient. Unfortunately it shut down last month so the only other gym in the area is the Leisure Centre but anytime I go up there I always have to q to use the machines. I have heard that there is a good gym out in Belturbet and was wondering if anybody here was a member of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

Not a member in the gym in belturbet but mate worked in it...meant to be very good and goes up good and high on the free weights, think it has 50kg db's but I could be wrong there. Worth going down a look anyway I would say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

what about radisson or the cavan crystal gyms?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

flanum wrote: »
    what about radisson or the cavan crystal gyms?

I was out at both those Gyms late last year and they didnt have much in the way of free weights. It was nearly all machines. I would be more interested in doing Squats, Bench Press and using a lot of dumbells and bar bells.

Farls wrote: »
    Not a member in the gym in belturbet but mate worked in it...meant to be very good and goes up good and high on the free weights, think it has 50kg db's but I could be wrong there. Worth going down a look anyway I would say.

Thanks for that. I will take a trip out either tomorrow or Friday.

gazzer wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I will take a trip out either tomorrow or Friday.

Report back what you think of it too! Gud man!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kimble

Hi just moved to cavan from england, looking for a good free weights gym,
    am a member at crystal hotel gym, but lacking in free weights cant find anywhere around town thats any good, can anyone tell me about the gym in belturbet.

It's a 20 min drive from cavan but there is a gym in ballyconnell that is good for strength training called B-life...its in the industrial park on the right hand side beside boxmore plastics.

I went out to the gym in Belturbet on Saturday. Its called BodyTrim (there is a branch in Navan as well apparantly).

I was very impressed with the selection of weights that where there. Plenty of bar bells and dumbells and there are some that are heavier than I could lift so its a good range.

Plenty of machine weights as well if that is your thing. It wasnt too busy either and I didnt have to hang around waiting to use any of the benches (something that I hate).

There is a large room at the back of the weights area where different classes are held (Boxercise, Karate etc). Opening hours really suit me as well as they are open at lunchtime and on Saturdays as well as till 9.30pm on weekdays.

I joined for the year so I intend to go 3 - 4 times a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kimble

thanks gazza, il give it a go.

Advertisement